Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I watched the replay today.

I thought Lloyd and Rampe played good games. Rowbottom was good. He did 2 kicking turnovers in the last quarter but both times he was under extreme pressure, otherwise his pressure at the contest was excellent.

Logan McDonald will be a star. His work up and down the ground was very good and his desperate tackle on Mitchell to prevent a goal was a highlight. He just knows where to run and tackle and has very good vision when kicking.

Ben Ronke is a bonus. His front and centre work at marking contests was so good and his clean pick ups and ball control are elite. He sat off the contest by a couple of metres and was there to take the handball.

The combination of Mills and Warner playing between the arcs gives us quality options across the centre. Warner is becoming a ball magnet and apart from a couple of mistakes he just got better as the game went on.

I have noticed in most games that games seem to be played on one side of the ground. I went to the Sunday night game and Melbourne were very good at having players run to the fat side to break up the game. For us Jmac seems to be that player. I couldn't believe how much space he had on his own wide out.
Good stuff, Nico. Agree with everything.

I only watch a replay of the 4th quarter, but will try to get in the rest of the game this week. I'm particularly intrigued about Florent's 9 disposals, which went along with 307 metres gained. That's a lot of metres for 9 disposal. His goal came by way of running down the fat side. Maybe that was his role for the game and serves a purpose, even if he's not often used. He made a good defensive played to save a goal as well. He didn't play badly, only that he was not often sighted.