Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
I think that they weren’t on their game because of the way we played.
They certainly started out confidently enough but once we ratcheted up the pressure they started to falter. We dominated them in the second quarter and while they came out after half time with renewed vigour it soon became apparent that we were not going to drop off in our pressure.
Now I am not saying they should be written off for the premiership but the last two weeks have shown that they are susceptible to teams that bring plenty of pressure to the contest.
It will be interesting to see how they handle other teams attempts to replicate this and with the hardest run home of any team they are not a lock for the minor premiership.
I certainly hope that’s the case. I think we’re one of the best pressure teams in the comp when we’re on. But when we’re not, we can lose the plot & can concede goals heavily in short stints. & It’s hard to keep that up for a whole game.

Which brings me to defence. So happy with the McCartins - just outstanding. I’m yet to be convinced of Ollie’s defensive role - looked a bit lost to me earlier on the game, but the way the whole team fought to get back into this game & get on top (Ollie included) was great to watch & I’m happy to be proven wrong.