Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: 2024 List Management

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    NO.
    Why not?

Two of the poorer list management decisions in recent times was having Josh Kennedy play in 2022 and Lance Franklin play in 2023. Those two champions played one too long.

They can’t make the same mistake with Parker. If Parker played in 2025 it would be in my opinion one year too long. He has a healthy contact for 2025 so he can choose if he wants to stay. Another club such as North may find his experience invaluable and offer him a two year deal for 2025 and 2026.

Sydney just beat Fremantle, whom have a highly rated midfield, by 40 odd points. This was done without Luke Parker.

The coaches obviously believe that Parker is not worth a midfield spot at the current time.

What is wrong with the club making a decision to try and get his hefty salary off the books in 2025 and get a late 2nd or early 3rd to help with the draft.

Regular in the Side
    because he is a champion SWAN

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    because he is a champion SWAN
    and a former SWAN captain and a SWAN Premiership player.

But agree it's difficult to slot him back into this winning side - at the moment

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    and a former SWAN captain and a SWAN Premiership player.

But agree it's difficult to slot him back into this winning side - at the moment
    I have a feeling Parker will be back for Carlton at the SCG. Possibly for Roberts, with Lloyd slipping back to that role. The other possibility is Adams, who actually has his spot.

Sent from my SM-A346E using Tapatalk

Pushing for Selection
    I always felt that Josh Kennedy could have extended his career by one more season if he took action at the end of 2021. You could see in early 2021 that the new midfield brigade was arriving. Chad, Gulden, Rowbottom, J-Mac and Campbell were coming. Mills had just been moved successfully into the midfield and eventual 2024 Brownlow Medalist Isaac Heeney was always a threat to become the best midfielder in the game.

Kennedy stayed at the Swans for 2022 and tried to play off half back and then injured himself into retirement with no market value left.

At the end of 2021 he could have said to the Swans that I want to move clubs and look for a two year deal. His big body and leadership would have been useful for a developing list at that point and he most probably would have got a two year deal somewhere else.

As it was he stayed at the Swans wanting to be a Scott Pendlebury and missed out in 2023. The deal could have been worth $500,000 to him.

Parker is in the same position now as Kennedy was in 2021. Taylor Adam’s was in the same position at Collingwood and took action.

If you love Luke Parker, you would want him to get a good two year deal to take him through to the end of 2026.

Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    I always felt that Josh Kennedy could have extended his career by one more season if he took action at the end of 2021. You could see in early 2021 that the new midfield brigade was arriving. Chad, Gulden, Rowbottom, J-Mac and Campbell were coming. Mills had just been moved successfully into the midfield and eventual 2024 Brownlow Medalist Isaac Heeney was always a threat to become the best midfielder in the game.

Kennedy stayed at the Swans for 2022 and tried to play off half back and then injured himself into retirement with no market value left.

At the end of 2021 he could have said to the Swans that I want to move clubs and look for a two year deal. His big body and leadership would have been useful for a developing list at that point and he most probably would have got a two year deal somewhere else.

As it was he stayed at the Swans wanting to be a Scott Pendlebury and missed out in 2023. The deal could have been worth $500,000 to him.

Parker is in the same position now as Kennedy was in 2021. Taylor Adam’s was in the same position at Collingwood and took action.

If you love Luke Parker, you would want him to get a good two year deal to take him through to the end of 2026.
    JK had ran his race and it was very sad watching it play out, thank god he didn’t extend his contract, Parker is probably paying the price for a winning side and Adam’s is in his spot I reckon.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Dow View Post
    JK had ran his race and it was very sad watching it play out, thank god he didn’t extend his contract, Parker is probably paying the price for a winning side and Adam’s is in his spot I reckon.
    Kennedy signs on

JPK signed on for one more in June 2021 for 2022. Should he have held out to the end of 2021 and looked for a two year deal at a developing club? Parker is under contract next year. After Paul Roos comments on North Melbourne you would think that Parker would be ideal for them.

A winning team and Adam’s may be in his spot but Callam Mills is coming back as well. I think as a Captain and influential player, he’s going to resist being told to go back to half back. Mills spend years working into the midfield. He’s going to want the midfield back. This is another obstacle for Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    Kennedy signs on

JPK signed on for one more in June 2021 for 2022. Should he have held out to the end of 2021 and looked for a two year deal at a developing club? Parker is under contract next year. After Paul Roos comments on North Melbourne you would think that Parker would be ideal for them.

A winning team and Adam’s may be in his spot but Callam Mills is coming back as well. I think as a Captain and influential player, he’s going to resist being told to go back to half back. Mills spend years working into the midfield. He’s going to want the midfield back. This is another obstacle for Parker.
    Yeah I have no issue testing the water he’s been a great servant and if he can get a better deal elsewhere I say go with our blessing (just like Adam’s did )

Veterans List
    Channel 9 reported tonight that Adelaide have offered Hayward 6 years at $850,000 a year! They said we have offered $550,000. Who knows if that is true. But if it is, that is a huge difference.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    His post match interview after the Freo game was not very encouraging. Was visibly uncomfortable with questions around his future

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Channel 9 reported tonight that Adelaide have offered Hayward 6 years at $850,000 a year! They said we have offered $550,000. Who knows if that is true. But if it is, that is a huge difference.
    Id say a bit more will get him over the line, probably just over 600. Based on cap increases that is a decent deal.

No point looking at both of them offers together, everyone that has signed this year has left decent money on the table.

In fact anyone that has ever stayed anywhere has more than likely left a fair bit out there

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    His post match interview after the Freo game was not very encouraging. Was visibly uncomfortable with questions around his future
    Yes, I noticed that. Credit to him that he is playing so well and remains so well connected with his team-mates. He's never played better.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233