Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Well done Swannies!

GO BLOODS!

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Well done Swannies!

GO BLOODS!
    well done thanks to a 60m bomb from Luke Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    But today Ladhams really showed what he can do, after McAndrew went off with concussion before half time. Sam Hayes was dominating the @@@@ but Ladhams took over and went from 4 hitouts to nearly match Hayes on 22 hitouts at the end. Great win for the ressies in the held and unlike in past games, the boys held on the last quarter to win.
    I'm guessing a typo when writing "ruck"?

I also enjoyed the tough win and enjoyed Parker kicking the winner from way out. And I'm guessing his will to win has been important the last couple of weeks, in getting a generally young side over the line. Although the commentators did say that young Kirk was captain for the day, and he did appear to be leading by example.

I thought it was a solid performance all round, with everyone having at least some strong involvements. Perhaps that was best demonstrated by winning the tackle count 55-35, even when also winning the disposal count.

Perhaps BOG was Campbell, who topped the tackle count with 9, while finishing second behind Cleary in disposals and generally looking dangerous. Cleary was also useful, both with his close in work and his gut running. I also thought Magor used the ball effectively in the back half. While at the other end, I'm quite enjoying Hamling reinvent himself as a forward. And as said previously, Ladhams had a good second half.

Veteran Site Admin
    It was a strange game. I felt the Roos were a bit more dangerous with their ball movement through the middle. They seemed to have more overlap run and collect, while we seemed to dispose of the ball (whether by hand or foot) to static players. Maybe we missed Warner and/or Mitchell providing a bit of that run.

I was a little confused by the way Edwards played (or was allowed to play) on the very dangerous Duursma. If the coaches wanted Edwards to play aggressively, why not give Snell more of a lockdown role on Duursma?

But the experienced heads were enough to will the team over the line. Hamling has been impressive in the forward line over the past fortnight, and that was the best four quarter performance I've seen Moi Moi put together.

Pushing for Selection
    Could reserve watches give an opinion on whether the Swans should take Phil Moi Moi in the mid season draft? Some reserve watches believe he’s outdoing Konstanty?

Could he make a dream senior debut this year?

Veterans List
    Thanks for the updates everyone. I'm unable to watch the games so appreciate reading your posts.

Regular in the Side
    My views of the game FWIW:
    Cleary - really impressed by his work-rate, he is always in the contest, and very clean in close.
    Kirk - much the same thoughts as with Cleary, also delivered a Gulden-like long pass when given some space - I had not seen that in his game before. Love seeing a #31 running around.
    Campbell - clear BOG for me. Elite disposal, covered lots of ground, and provided heaps of pressure. Needs to be at the next level - which might be next week if Roberts needs a rest.
    Parker - just did Parker things, and lifted late to drag us over the line. Clearly now fit, so question is if he and Adams in the same team will positively impact our structure.
    Ladhams - an enigma, both good and bad. Definitely ready if Grundy is rested.
    Green - flashes of brilliance, but needs more time to build his game and grow into his body.
    Snell - most often on the last line, and competed well. Thought they could of swapped match ups with Edwards, but perhaps they want to see how he manages different challenges.
    Edwards - I felt Duursma was too quick & agile for him, but competed well, and continued to display his massively improved disposal.
    Hamling - just looked like a natural forward, perhaps he can be a backup swingman at AFL level?
    Konstanty - not bad, but not hugely impressive either. At least he wasn't out-performed by Lugsdin this match.

Probably forgot a few, but an even team performance from AFL & VFL players produced a very entertaining match.
    Also shout-out to Gemma Bastiani, I would love to have her commentate all the Swans matches. So much better than some commentators who seem to believe they provide the entertainment rather than leaving that to the football.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415