Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 2024 VFL thread

Senior Player
    After the terrible injury the Hawks kicked 9 goals in about 35 mins of footy.

Maybe we warmed down too much?

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Haven't watched the game, but I'm concerned about the result with the line-up we had today.

People who watched the game, what happened, and could they be poorly coached as has been suggested by some in the past?

Maybe our talent coming through isn't as good as we all thought?

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk
    To be honest we started well and it went totally south after the delay in play for injury we never reappaired from the race.

Positives - Snell great battle with Windgaurd - Sheldrick, Francis and Parker AFL ready - Edwards is really developing - Buller showing something.

Veteran Site Admin
    I think we, in part, suffered from the "too tall syndrome" that made us look so impotent in a late season game last year against the Dogs. Although both team lost at least two players midway through the third term (three in our case, because Konstanty sat out the second half as senior emergency) but the fact we lost three smaller runners exacerbated the fact we were generally too tall and cumbersome.

That doesn't explain just how much (or why) the remaining smaller players stopped running after the extended break.

Veterans List
    Did the 3rd quarter go for over an hour? That must have been a really bad injury to take that long. Or did they have to wait for the ambulance?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Did the 3rd quarter go for over an hour? That must have been a really bad injury to take that long. Or did they have to wait for the ambulance?
    Both. Apparently Sam Butler's leg was so badly broken, that they didn't want to shift him until the ambulance arrived. Then there was perhaps a twenty minute wait for the ambulance to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think we, in part, suffered from the "too tall syndrome" that made us look so impotent in a late season game last year against the Dogs. Although both team lost at least two players midway through the third term (three in our case, because Konstanty sat out the second half as senior emergency) but the fact we lost three smaller runners exacerbated the fact we were generally too tall and cumbersome.

That doesn't explain just how much (or why) the remaining smaller players stopped running after the extended break.
    Did Konstanty look good? I have high hopes for him as it's a position we could use some more talented youth.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Lukey Parker was very good and still has the goods. Thought when we got 26 pts in front of Box Hill became more physical including many push in the backs and riding the Swans player into the ground. Shockced that not even one free kick was paid for in the back. Apart from parker nothing to get excited about. Francis was very good again and Snell was great early on but faded. Still excited about Will Green's future even though he got very little time on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Did Konstanty look good? I have high hopes for him as it's a position we could use some more talented youth.

Konstanty was good in the first half, but was held over as the AFL emergency and sat out the second half.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910