Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rnd 9 - Pre Match List - vs Fremantle at Optus Stadium 8:30 PM, Friday 10 May 2024

Just one forced change, with Francis coming in for McCartin, who's in concussion protocol, even though he's apparently fine. Mitchell, Ladhams and Campbell are the emergencies.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Just one forced change, with Francis coming in for McCartin, who's in concussion protocol, even though he's apparently fine. Mitchell, Ladhams and Campbell are the emergencies.
    It doesn't matter if McCartin is fine. The rules state that if a player has concussion, they can't play for a minimum of 12 days.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Again, my speculation on team selection has been inaccurate. I can live with this.

Francis in for McCartin (concussion) is a good choice.

Parker not being named is interesting. The only thing I can think of is avoiding the trip to Perth in a first game back.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Again, my speculation on team selection has been inaccurate. I can live with this.

Francis in for McCartin (concussion) is a good choice.

Parker not being named is interesting. The only thing I can think of is avoiding the trip to Perth in a first game back.
    Last year we had a great win over Freo in Perth, came back to the SCG and that very next game Buddy, Parker and McInerney suffered soft tissue injuries. It might have been a coincidence, but I am suspicious of the hardness of the Optus Stadium ground. And then there's the long flight on top of things. So I can understand if they've decided it's not a great first match for Parker.

If he doesn't get selected next week, then we can start wondering if he has a place in the team. (Or wondering if the coaches think he has a place in the team.)

Regular in the Side
    why do we play freo in perth again thizs year

Pumped for a live game in Perth.

Left field but I'm wondering...

When will the team fly home, tomorrow morn?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallG View Post
    Left field but I'm wondering...

When will the team fly home, tomorrow morn?
    It would have to be tomorrow as the games doesn't start until 8:30pm. It would be too late to fly into Sydney tonight/early morning as the airport has a curfew.

Thanks Mel_C.

i was pretty sure teams taking redeyes were a thing once upon a time ago but hadn't heard of it happening in yonks.

Senior Player
    Chad also staying an extra day to spend with family, including watching his younger brother play.

Sorry. Wrong thread. The game V The Blues Friday night is SOLD OUT .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123