Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Round 10: Swans v Blues @ SCG

We wera also barely mentioned on FC last night, but Hutchy mentioned we will be in focus next week (due to bye?).

Whilst this lack of media recognition is frustrating, i'm happy that we're quietly going about our business without the distracting fanfares. Horse will be happy about that.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    They did give me a giggle, however, when they put up a ladder based on form over the last six weeks - an arbitrary period as far as I could tell, expect that it meant Essendon were top. When I looked closer I realised further that they were top because they played six games in those six weeks while we had a bye in one week.
    Last 6 games for Essendon: North Melbourne (40), GWS Giants (20), West Coast (6), Collingwood (draw), Adelaide (3), Bulldogs (29).

Last 7 games: Essendon LOST to Port Adelaide by 69 points.

A clear example of cherrypicking. The time period was carefully chosen to cover the period when the Swans had a round 5 bye and ALSO avoid the massive flogging that Essendon copped in round 4.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I have a vested financial interest going here, but the latest Brownlow predictor - for whatever it is worth - has Isaac eight votes clear.

Brownlow Predictor - AFL.com.au
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I have a vested financial interest going here, but the latest Brownlow predictor - for whatever it is worth - has Isaac eight votes clear.

There's also this one, which they claim is more accurate, because they give half votes. In it, Isaac's tally is little bit less, because in some games he got 2.5 instead of 3, but he's still 7 votes clear of his nearest rival.

AFL 2024 Ultimate Brownlow Medal predictor, tracker, leaderboard, odds and every vote - ESPN

If those predictions are accurate, he's currently averaging a touch over 2 votes a game, and to take the medal from here, he probably needs to average just 1 vote per game, for the remaining 13 games.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    We wera also barely mentioned on FC last night, but Hutchy mentioned we will be in focus next week (due to bye?).

Whilst this lack of media recognition is frustrating, i'm happy that we're quietly going about our business without the distracting fanfares. Horse will be happy about that.
    We are getting plenty of love on SEN. There are still strings attached to that like: they haven't got many injuries, what if they get injuries in the back half of the season, teams will work them out. We have 16 players who have played every game.

Senior Player
    Re lack of media on us, it depends on what you read/view.

My Facebook feed is full of articles on the Swans by SEN, Code Footy, SuperCoach etc.

Veterans List

I have backed Isaac for the Brownlow a number of times. I am not putting the jinx on him now.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    AFL Round Table discusses the Swans starting at 10:15: Round Table: Who can stop the Swans, Pies pair making waves
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar

You don't have to answer this but may I ask what odds you got? Isaac is now favourite at $4.00.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    You don't have to answer this but may I ask what odds you got? Isaac is now favourite at $4.00.
    $200 at 20-1. Went in early after round 1 or 2.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    $200 at 20-1. Went in early after round 1 or 2.
    Wow! Great shopping! I hope he salutes for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Re lack of media on us, it depends on what you read/view.

My Facebook feed is full of articles on the Swans by SEN, Code Footy, SuperCoach etc.
    Damian Barrett has a great article up about us on the AFL website at the moment.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415