Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 19 v Freo

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    If we can keep our defence well organised, we should be okay. Florent seems the best fit to replace Cunningham. I don't mind Florent as a small defender. I wonder if Bell could handle a hard tagging role as a defender. He's not getting much of the ball anyway. At least he can try to keep the ball away from a Freo player.
    Bell played as a HB in the reserves when he first came to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Yes i did , his playing time and the fact he didnt touch it in the first half made it obvious he shouldnt have been out there ! Nothing but respect for the way he fronted up regardless with no complaints but there was a reason he was left out of the side and a last minute change because of covid is the only reason he was out there . So i see no reason our selection this week should be chained to something that was forced on us last week !

Get Reid in , play him fwd with Amartey and push Heeney up in to mid field
    But RB came in for Mills/Cunningham.. to bring Reid back in is to change the balance of the team.
    Surprised you are keeping Heeney in after 2 touches in the first half with 75% playing time. Thought it would be ground for expulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I worry about this game without Mills and the forward momentum he provides. We (eventually) did well vs GWS as Hewett really lifted but can we rely on that two weeks in a row? And can we lose Hewett's vital tagging role when there are a few Freo players we can't let get a run on as we did late last time. We have a week to work on structure and it'll be fascinating to see what that will be.
    Ok here is how the mids should sit.

Kennedy head to head with Mundy
    Hewett takes Fyfe
    Parker probably Serong
    Rowbottom takes Brayshaw
    move Heens, Paps, Ollie and Dawson through the mids at different times. But always Hewee on Fyfe.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Calm down Billy Joel , leaving Cunningham out of the side wont help , he does the selfless dirty work that lets Jmac , Dawson etc get loose and play more aggressive. You need a balance of both defensive and attacking players , you cant have a team of 22 all wanting only to attack , theres teams already like that and they're called St kilda and Essendon !
    Well Harry definitely won't be playing this week. HE can be quite attacking as well as defensive and would probably get a Collier if he were playing.

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    Had to comment on this - such a short list at this stage of the season is extraordinary. Have we been unbelievably lucky or have the medical staff changed significantly from last year?
    Replaced the fitness staff and medical staff I think. The people they brought in have a great record of keeping teams on the park.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    But RB came in for Mills/Cunningham.. to bring Reid back in is to change the balance of the team.
    Surprised you are keeping Heeney in after 2 touches in the first half with 75% playing time. Thought it would be ground for expulsion.
    Heeney did nothing in the first half either but was amazing in the 2nd half playing mids , he would easily be an upgrade on RB and Reid could play fwd and do Heeney's role

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    I found Ding Ding offensive because although it is a clever reference to a bell, Ding Dong also means idiot or nitwit.

Roadrunner has explained that he meant the former which is great, but one can’t tell if others using Ding Dong are being nasty, and that is how we get racism etc creating in.

If James was to hear it, does he laugh thinking it is a reference to Bell, or are they also calling him stupid on the sly? Better to avoid nicknames like that altogether.
    Why don't we put this to bed. the players call him Belly or Jimmy. Leave it at that.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Amartey party has been gatecrashed

In Taylor Reid McDonald McLean
    Out Amartey (omitted)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Amartey party has been gatecrashed

In Taylor Reid McDonald McLean
    Out Amartey (omitted)
    Surprised.
    Normally back match commitee but if it's Reid in, reckon he's a protected species and an injury risk.

I think Amartey must be carrying a niggle. He's been playing well enough to at least be on an extended bench rather than dropped outright. I wonder if McDonald will make the final cut? If so, will it be for Bell, Stephens or Rowbotton? Possibly even Wicks?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    So, I’m assuming Reid is definitely in as the natural replacement for Amartey.

But would be surprised if we go another tall in, as Reid’s time will need to be managed a bit and my instinct is they also want another look at Logan pre-finals.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Surprised.
    Normally back match commitee but if it's Reid in, reckon he's a protected species and an injury risk.
    With all due respect, that's a terrible take.

If we want to be a serious threat at going deep in September this year, Reid is in the team as our forward / back up ruck. He was in brilliant form to start the season - competing very well in the air and dominating boundary throw ins in the forward half.
    Amartey has been ok - he's shown he's a great prospect. But Reid is easily the better option if fit.
    He's been back in reserves for a few weeks, and the next month of footy will be huge in building him up for finals.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast