Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Round 10: Swans v Blues @ SCG

Let’s hope we haven’t peaked and we keep it rolling, as we have seen in the passed it’s hard to stay up for an entire season

[QUOTE=stevoswan;884772]Yep, I've seen the footage of the Parker incident....it does not look good. Add to that, the Frankston player was left with "serious facial injuries" according to afl.com.au. Luke will miss weeks.

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/

It was hard to watch and understand, he literally ran past the ball and ironed him out

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    We will miss Fox greatly. He gives us so much flexibility and a great ability to cover gaps both week to week and within games.
    The best sub in the competition I reckon, he is literally designed for this role

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Dow View Post
    It was hard to watch and understand, he literally ran past the ball and ironed him out
    Yeah....a very shoddy attempted shepherd.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    We are playing great football but let’s not forget how good that midfield was 2012-16.

Kennedy was the best contested ball and clearance player in the comp, Hanners had a three year stretch where he vied for no1 player in comp and won a coaches award, Parker became a goal kicking gun mid, Jack was as good a two way runner as we’ve seen, ROK was elite at the start of that era, we had Goodes often rolling in off a wing and McVeigh’s footy IQ and field kicking was so good Pendlebury said a couple of years ago he was the best he’d seen.

We’re playing more attacking footy, maybe have slightly more depth and a couple of our blokes have real points of difference, but that crew were hardly a bunch of bums.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    We are playing great football but let’s not forget how good that midfield was 2012-16.

Kennedy was the best contested ball and clearance player in the comp, Hanners had a three year stretch where he vied for no1 player in comp and won a coaches award, Parker became a goal kicking gun mid, Jack was as good a two way runner as we’ve seen, ROK was elite at the start of that era, we had Goodes often rolling in off a wing and McVeigh’s footy IQ and field kicking was so good Pendlebury said a couple of years ago he was the best he’d seen.

We’re playing more attacking footy, maybe have slightly more depth and a couple of our blokes have real points of difference, but that crew were hardly a bunch of bums.
    Oh yeah. I forgot a bloke called Jetta playing off a wing kicked 40+ goals to be our leading goal kicker in 2012

Oh yeah. I forgot a bloke called Jetta playing off a wing kicked 40+ goals to be our leading goal kicker in 2012
    Agree. That midfield was outstanding. Jetta’s length-of-the-field dash in the Prelim was one of the highlights of the season.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Yeah....a very shoddy attempted shepherd.
    Yep really disappointed in that action.

If he is rubbed out for 4 weeks that will coincide with Mills coming back. Depending on injuries would mean another decent stint in the reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Chad has got a fine for his indiscretion. Which I think is a touch harsh, as I thought he made initial contact with Pittonet's chest and then made glancing contact under the chin. Although, since I often find tribunal decisions unpredictable, I'm a touch relieved that he wasn't suspended.

Anyway, from the AFL site: "The match review officer graded the offence as careless conduct, low impact and high contact, resulting in a fine of $6250, or $3750 with an early plea."
    Ridiculous to be fined that much
    AFLPA need to have a look at themselves, agreeing to that crap.

Interestingly, the Swans barely rate a mention on the AFL “Eight Things We Learned” again. It’s all about the Blues midfield.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Apparently, there’s nothing to learn about the team on top of the ladder giving a bath to everyone they come up against. Flying under the radar is one thing, but this is such myopic crap.

Eight things we learned: Patrick Cripps and Sam Walsh need more support from Carlton's midfield
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Yep really disappointed in that action.

If he is rubbed out for 4 weeks that will coincide with Mills coming back. Depending on injuries would mean another decent stint in the reserves.
    The cards have certainly fallen badly for Parks ever since he busted his arm. Would hate to think he turns out to be 2024's ROK.

I doubt it but so far it's been an 'annus horribilis' for him.

Apparently, there’s nothing to learn about the team on top of the ladder giving a bath to everyone they come up against. Flying under the radar is one thing, but this is such myopic crap.

Eight things we learned: Patrick Cripps and Sam Walsh need more support from Carlton's midfield
    Spot on. At least we rated a mention as the Blues’ opponents this week. After the Giants match we didn’t even get that. There’s flying under the radar, then there’s complete disrespect.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk