Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2024 VFL thread

Senior Player
    To me the major contributing factor to the injury was that the kid showed absolutely no awareness that he was being blocked. And contributing to that could be the fact that the ground was very poorly lit.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Wonder how long the Frankston player will be sidelined w the injuries .

Dicko (The Back Page) estimates 8-10 weeks .

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Luke has to cop his serve and knuckle down and hit the training track to work his way back into the firsts.
    He has no choice, I just hope if he showed as much as he has in the 2s this last 3 weeks he actually gets bloody picked to play 1s.

Ridiculous we didnt find a spot for him in the side. Heard the other day a commentator say, if there is a GF this weekend, Luke Parker plays, guarenteed.

Wtf were we waiting for, 1 week in the 2s, for sure, 2 weeks maybe ok we are going well. He should then walk into the 22.

I hope dont risk 3 weeks of Mills doing a calf in the 2s

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    Pardon.

Parker has been in the AFL system since 2011. He has no history of doing what he did to that Frankston player. To my knowledge he’s hardly served a suspension in 13 years of AFL football.

Your assertion that he was just plain unlucky and that Parker plays tough like this all the time is down right delusional.

He doesn’t usually do this otherwise it would have happened sometime during his 280 odd games AFL games.

Parker is not going to tell us fans that his angry or frustrated. His teammates are not going to say anything other than he’s taking his reserve stint well. I don’t think that Parker would ever complain to teammates about his reserves predicament.

He’s a 3 time B and F winner, a former club captain and a very proud man. He would not like one bit being in the reserves and then after 3 really strong games including a match winning 65 metre bomb he’s not promoted to the seniors but instead he’s lining up for the reserves again.

Put yourself in his shoes. After all this wouldn’t you be be frustrated?

You claim his action was a shepherd however no Swans player had picked up the ball.

How do you know he’s not going anywhere else? Are the Swans really going to want to pay a player who has become a fringe player $700,000 plus in 2025?

Does Parker fancy a ROK 2014 year for himself in 2024?
    I didn't say he was 'unlucky', I said he was clumsy and deserved 3 to 4 weeks....hardly 'delusional'. A shepherd is a shepherd, it doesn't matter if a team mate has the ball or not, there was one approaching the ball and he was ensuring there was one less opponent for his team mate to deal with.

Of course he would be frustrated with his non-selection in the firsts but I am confident this frustration would not affect the way he plays his footy, which has always been fair.

As for moving next season, he's contracted to 2025 for a start and if you think he is the type of player and person to throw his toys out of the cot and run away to somewhere else because he feels unappreciated....implying he is immature....that thinking is what might well be called 'delusional'.

I've already suggested the possibility that Luke might be 2024's ROK in another earlier post but added that I doubt it. He is a warrior that will be determined to earn his place back where he believes he belongs. At the same time he is intelligent and would understand that the firsts are on top and firing....and that no one really deserves to be dropped just to fit him in. That's maturity. You underestimate him.....and show a lack of respect for a champion of the club.

Veterans List
    I am really sad for everyone involved.

Obviously for Smith and his family - the injuries are catastrophic. I really hope he makes a full recovery.

Also for Parker. An impeccable, brilliant AFL career always played the right way; to VFL, this awful event and, potentially, sustained wrenching guilt. Such a dramatic, unforseeable downturn in fortunes. I really hope he makes it back.

6 weeks flashes by. Luke will be required i(in the ones) later on. Hes healthy.
    However facial injuries can remain painful for years afterwards.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    6 weeks flashes by. Luke will be required i(in the ones) later on. Hes healthy.
    However facial injuries can remain painful for years afterwards.
    Agree. Luke is a big boy and I'm sure realizes there are ups and downs in every players' career. And this period for him
    is a down after many many years of being up. Highly unlikely to throw his toys out of the cot and highly likely to be
    playing well for us comes finals time.

Coaches votes for the round. Seems like Sheldrick had a good game.

9 Taj Campbell-Farrell (FRA)
    9 Thomas Murphy (FRA)
    6 Angus Sheldrick (SYD)
    3 Matt Johnson (FRA)
    2 George Grey (FRA)
    1 Caleb Mitchell (SYD)

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    The club is apparently going to appeal the severity of Luke Parkers suspension.

MSN

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Coaches votes for the round. Seems like Sheldrick had a good game.

9 Taj Campbell-Farrell (FRA)
    9 Thomas Murphy (FRA)
    6 Angus Sheldrick (SYD)
    3 Matt Johnson (FRA)
    2 George Grey (FRA)
    1 Caleb Mitchell (SYD)
    I am a Parker fan, but was he ready for a recall when he didn’t get any coaches votes this game or the last playing as a midfielder?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    The club is apparently going to appeal the severity of Luke Parkers suspension.

MSN
    Fair enough too....the penalty smacks of 'the victim's face is ****ed' and 'you're from Sydney'.

While I understand that the 'accidental' clash of heads that caused the damage to the Frankston players face was ultimately Parkers fault, the tribunal appears to have completely ignored these extenuating circumstances and arrived at the penalty purely on the result of the act and not the act itself.

Also, their assertion that Luke does not have a clean record as the club argued is bodgy as ****.

I always thought 3-4 weeks was a reasonable penalty for this indiscretion.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 22nd May 2024 at 10:45 PM.