Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: General off-season footy chat

Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    I'm a big fan of George. I've got no doubt he'll lead from the front and show a few of his team mates how it's done. I wish him all the best.
    I think he was deemed expendable given he was on good money and we had others who can play his role going forward.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I think he was deemed expendable given he was on good money and we had others who can play his role going forward.
    Yes, it would seem that's the case, George was on (and still is on) good money. The money we've spared will go to good use no doubt.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Isn't this largely a rehash of a Caroline Wilson article last year? Sure, he's got some additional internal docs, but the bad behaviour at Sorrento and need for counsel was well chronicled by her. Though Gil comes out of it looking like an interfering prude. Gil really is such an average doofus.

Anyway, Goodwin could probably be caught with hookers and an ice pipe and it wouldn't matter, given he's a premiership coach.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Isn't this largely a rehash of a Caroline Wilson article last year? Sure, he's got some additional internal docs, but the bad behaviour at Sorrento and need for counsel was well chronicled by her. Though Gil comes out of it looking like an interfering prude. Gil really is such an average doofus.

Anyway, Goodwin could probably be caught with hookers and an ice pipe and it wouldn't matter, given he's a premiership coach.
    Although, I wouldn't really mind Goodwin being caught with hookers and an ice pipe. I mean, it should increase the value of our first round pick tied to Melbourne.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Although, I wouldn't really mind Goodwin being caught with hookers and an ice pipe. I mean, it should increase the value of our first round pick tied to Melbourne.
    Depends. It might be what he needs to unwind. But I like your singular focus on our draft position.

Veterans List
    It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if this was leaked last pre season. Nothing will happen to Goodwin now after the premiership win. It could have been a sliding doors moment.

Depends. It might be what he needs to unwind. But I like your singular focus on our draft position.
    Yes, but it would descend into a scandal obsessed media pack, outside Goodwin's door, baying for his blood. Which probably wouldn't be all that relaxing?

Gil calling someone else out for being drunk is rich. Even though he holds it together when drunk he has most certainly been under the influence in more than one presser. Certainly been under the influence while at football functions. Hates a red I'mtols

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Gil calling someone else out for being drunk is rich. Even though he holds it together when drunk he has most certainly been under the influence in more than one presser. Certainly been under the influence while at football functions. Hates a red I'mtols

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk
    Drunk or sober, you wouldn’t know with Gil. The same stupid, senseless dribble comes out of his mouth no matter what.

Veterans List
    It has been reported that Ben King has injured his knee at training. It is a suspected ACL but I hope that's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    It has been reported that Ben King has injured his knee at training. It is a suspected ACL but I hope that's not the case.
    Yes, I was hoping that the Suns would have a relatively injury free season, for the first time in their history. It appears that isn't going to happen.