Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 List Management

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    I'm a fan of KB as well but the one that fries my noodle is Serong, super talented, highly rated and a lifelong Swans supporter. Not taking him was about as unexpected as Trump becoming president. Still don't get it
    Yes, one of the great Swans draft mysteries.....I too love KB and of course hindsight is a wonderful thing but that one appears to be a total brainfart. I also still don't get it.

On the veteran's list
    Kinear has a explained many times that they picked Dyl because they were looking for a hybrid inside-outside mid. To my knowledge Serong is an inside mid, full stop.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Agree. He's in the boarding house cup of tea category right now: Big and weak.
    I typed this earlier, but my phone deleted it when I tried to edit a typo.

If JVR was in our team, I think we would be saying he is tracking ok for a 3rd year tall. Compare his stats last year as a second year player, compared to Amartey's stats back when he was a second year player, or with last year when he was a fifth year player.

Granted Amartey was a rookie pick, so we would expect JVR to be have more upside and to develop faster, all other things (training, injury, opportunity etc) being equal.

Is JVR going to be a better player than Shelldrick, way to early to tell.

Sure JVR hasn't set the world on fire this year, but if you take out that single game for Amartey where he kicked four goals (a couple of simple ones) from six kicks, and they are actually both pretty similar in output, which is saying something for a 3rd year vs a 6th year player.

I am not saying KB got it wrong, but on this one, seven games in 2019 is not enough data, and it will be a few more years yet before we celebrate Shelldrick's selection, or think JVR was one that got away.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    I'm a fan of KB as well but the one that fries my noodle is Serong, super talented, highly rated and a lifelong Swans supporter. Not taking him was about as unexpected as Trump becoming president. Still don't get it

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Dear lord

I just had a second term chill 😂

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by BRS328 View Post
    Give Konstanty a break, he is only commencing his second season against Wicks who’s been around for 6 years. That is not a fair comparison under any circumstances. Furthermore Wicks came through the academy system and it is well acknowledged within the AFL that the academy players are more advanced than those that come through the under 19 systems in terms of coaching and preparedness.

There seems to be a misconception by some on this site that any first round pick should be an automatic champion or the recruiting team have failed.
    The reality is your chances improve dramatically if you are in the top ten, and there is always one or two failures in that group.
    From memory last year’s draft the first round was still going in the middle twenties because of all the academy, father son, compensation picks
    I think your letting Konstanty off a bit here. The recruiting staff tagged him as the next Tom Papley. We expected similar performance as a similar stage. In year one 2016 Papley was straight off the rookie list and into the seniors. Papley was a long way from a 1st round pick in 2016 but played many impressive seniors games. I still remember Papley beating the great Luke Hodge at half back in a one on one and smashing a goal from 50m at the SCG. Konstanty is not showing Papley early career form and he’s the anointed successor and a 1st round pick compared to Papley who was a rookie player.

I’m a huge Wicks fan and he’s developing very well. Wicks is a tough and determined footballer who is playing his role very well. Is Konstanty tough and as determined like Wicks? I’m not sure maybe a reserve game viewer can speak to this question.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I always stuff threads up with links from the SMH but gee Ollie’s quotes are impressive in the article today on his new contract.

Told his manager he didn’t he want to hear about other offers; that his mental health and welfare were too important to chase a few extra dollars; and his desire for a flag.

Like Errol and Rowie, it’s pretty clear we’ve got a great group determined to stick together and willing to leave some money on the table in pursuit of a flag they believe is in reach over the next few years.
    Thanks for sharing this, rarely read the Sydney Morning Newsletter. Just delighted with this news and this response from Olly, it speaks mountains about the culture.
    Well done to the list management team. It also seems highly likely we'll re-sign Logan too if the scuttlebutt is to be believed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    I think your letting Konstanty off a bit here. The recruiting staff tagged him as the next Tom Papley. We expected similar performance as a similar stage. In year one 2016 Papley was straight off the rookie list and into the seniors. Papley was a long way from a 1st round pick in 2016 but played many impressive seniors games. I still remember Papley beating the great Luke Hodge at half back in a one on one and smashing a goal from 50m at the SCG. Konstanty is not showing Papley early career form and he’s the anointed successor and a 1st round pick compared to Papley who was a rookie player.

I’m a huge Wicks fan and he’s developing very well. Wicks is a tough and determined footballer who is playing his role very well. Is Konstanty tough and as determined like Wicks? I’m not sure maybe a reserve game viewer can speak to this question.
    Wicks in what his 5th or 6th season, after being in our academy prior to that.

This is Kostanty's second season, after missing most of last year injured.

Give him a chance for goodness sake.

Sent from my moto g54 5G using Tapatalk
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Agree re Konstanty

He could be a Dawson type development path? Who knows just yet.

James Peatling | AFL

Would Peatling have a distinct advantage on the SCG?

Kicks long

Value signing

Has done his grinding early years and now 23yrs old

Just putting it out there

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Kinear has a explained many times that they picked Dyl because they were looking for a hybrid inside-outside mid. To my knowledge Serong is an inside mid, full stop.
    The problem with that explanation is that it runs counter to KBs mantra of selecting " the best available".

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Take 3: How do people feel about losing Hayward after today? What if we could get Zurhaar as a replacement?

Hayward will stay, reasonable contract, i can see he is up and down surely a list manager from another club sees it too