Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 8 vs GWS at the SCG on Saturday May 4th at 1:45pm 2024.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Horse's presser. Reading between the lines, Parker is almost certain - less clear on Rampe, and Campbell won't be sub again.

Also, whilst he does it in his respectful way and doesn't name him, he gives that moron Jon Ralph a clip for running the Wicks story (and points out the same happened with a goal Chad kicked).

"We know GWS well and they know us well" - Longmire
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Horse's presser. Reading between the lines, Parker is almost certain - less clear on Rampe, and Campbell won't be sub again.

Also, whilst he does it in his respectful way and doesn't name him, he gives that moron Jon Ralph a clip for running the Wicks story (and points out the same happened with a goal Chad kicked).

"We know GWS well and they know us well" - Longmire
    I quite like his line, "From a team perspective, we dealt with that a month ago and we've all moved on, and I think that's fairly obvious to most people."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Ok....let's send these upstarts packing:

'They're a bit smug': Greater Western Sydney star Sam Taylor lights fuse ahead of derby

In: Parker (to play forward).

Out: Amartey (managed) or VFL.
    Ludwig watched the 2's and said Parker had about 40 possessions so I think he will spend a fair bit of time in the guts.Then again, first up they may opt play him forward. A good back up if the mids are getting towelled up.

Veterans List
    Weather will play a big part if the weekly forecast is anything to go by, might be a low skilled grind? Amartey the obvious out for Parker, Sheldrick might get a look in wet conditions?

So Parker to play, Rampe to have a run in the ressies?

Horse is such an asset, can't think of any other coach I'd like over him. Manages to blast Jon Ralph both barrels without even mentioning him by name and also completely defuses the nonsense written - nice one Horse

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Weather will play a big part if the weekly forecast is anything to go by, might be a low skilled grind? Amartey the obvious out for Parker, Sheldrick might get a look in wet conditions?

So Parker to play, Rampe to have a run in the ressies?

Horse is such an asset, can't think of any other coach I'd like over him. Manages to blast Jon Ralph both barrels without even mentioning him by name and also completely defuses the nonsense written - nice one Horse
    Agree. He has a great temperament.

Pushing for Selection
    Mills:

Apparently Mills has injuried his calf so his return to play has been delayed a couple of weeks.

I really don’t understand this concept.

The club has always said that Mills would return in the 2nd half of the season after the bye round. The Swans 1st game after the bye round is scheduled for the 6th of June.

How is a slight calm injury going to prevent Mills returning on June 6. He wasn’t returning any earlier from that shoulder injury then the 6th of June. Does it take 5.5 weeks to get over a slight calf injury for a 27 year old player?

Senior Player
    For those who missed article on the AFL site, it also said Hayward was a bit sore and has to get through the shortened break to play this weekend.

So he might be rested.

Campbell has to be playing

Need to get the best rated midfielder of the 2020 draft class into the side with time on the ball, time on the wing and fwd of centre.

Release the shackles and tell him to break a line and go long at every opportunity.

I never watched his junior career but i can guarentee he never had to be a defender or even consider what an opposition player was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Campbell has to be playing

Need to get the best rated midfielder of the 2020 draft class into the side with time on the ball, time on the wing and fwd of centre.

Release the shackles and tell him to break a line and go long at every opportunity.

I never watched his junior career but i can guarentee he never had to be a defender or even consider what an opposition player was doing.
    I don’t think he’s ready for that yet and when he does have ball in hand he rushes it, I reckon a few months in the 2s to gain confidence and when the opportunity arises he can slot into the midfield- he has talent no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    Mills:

Apparently Mills has injuried his calf so his return to play has been delayed a couple of weeks.

I really don’t understand this concept.

The club has always said that Mills would return in the 2nd half of the season after the bye round. The Swans 1st game after the bye round is scheduled for the 6th of June.

How is a slight calm injury going to prevent Mills returning on June 6. He wasn’t returning any earlier from that shoulder injury then the 6th of June. Does it take 5.5 weeks to get over a slight calf injury for a 27 year old player?
    Surgery in late SEPTEMBER for a rotator cuff ......May is nine months !!!!.................... i still loath the way that the Swans media has been throwing a magicians coat over the real facts. We all knew it is minimum 9 months before playing again as a very very tricky injury to knit and be ready for contact sport. Yet that is not what was disclosed. Every other player in the injury report we obtain fairly accurate info.

Maybe our Club could do some parenting lessons. You know "50 ways to not tell your kids the truth" or "its different rules for your brother Callum"

It grates me.......because part of what we love our about our club is the no "dickheads policy", transparency, honesty !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    We all knew it is minimum 9 months before playing again
    I didn't, and I still don't. No point second guessing the medical and conditioning staff.

Hi Liz

No probs we have a different point of view.

For me an injury list update is to keep us loyal fans aware, educated and informed.

I love Callum as a player and love that he is our next Captain but the Swans media spin on this was grating as a minimum ! I dont think it is unfair to call them out on this.

People make mistakes. Mills made a good'n. So be it. We move on..................but our spinning of the story did not and it hit a raw nerve with me as it was opposite to the values I share with this great club. For no real gain either !

I totally agree I am no surgeon nor sports conditioner................but this injury has always been a very tricky one to manage and 9months and 100% healed is a great outcome for a pro athlete.......... I would be amazed that the length of recovery for this injury is not common knowledge among all the decades of experience in the media and ex players.

There is well over 1000 players in the AFL AFLW each year and some players encounter this niggling annoying surgery / rehab injury.

Even if the Swans in the first few months simply said that it is a tricky injury to heal and they will be taking a conservative long term minded approach over the next 6 to 9months that would do me.

It was the blatant evasive Comms approach re Callum and the stark contrast to all other players on the injury list and us receiving transparency.

I mean we are all grown ups..........why cant we hear the truth re the injury list? Usually we do !

This messaging took a few months to change to mid season return.

For me it was a very very very evasive comms strategy and annoying and undermined what the envious qualities that the Bloods Club stands for.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast