Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 8 vs GWS at the SCG on Saturday May 4th at 1:45pm 2024.

Veteran Site Admin
    The emergencies named confuse me.

Longmire wants to give Parker another full game in the VFL to get more conditioning. He has demoted Campbell to ensure he gets a full game. So if the weather is awful on Saturday afternoon and they decide to swap a tall for a small, who comes in? Clearly not Ladhams.

The positive is that the VFL game follows the AFL game this week, so there will be no need to pull someone from the VFL game at half-time to hold them over as senior emergency.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Hey Stevo

It’s not about the recent injury for Callum

Callum has struggled with Achilles tendinitis and calf strains most of his AFL career.

It was that the Swans were not transparent re his rotator cuff injury and estimated time to recover when the media and players and many supporters know that it is a tricky injury / surgery to rehab from and was always going to be around 9months which it is right now since his surgery.

The Swans did t seem to like the headlines of out for 9months and second time Callum had a significant accident via post season mad Mondays etc.

When was the other time Mills was injured during Mad Monday? The other significant Mills injury that I recall was when he injured himself (ankle?), throwing a gridiron ball after training and tripped on a drain.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    Rampe is a great match-up for the Toby but I prefer Florent for this job. I want to see how accountable we can make him and his lack of sustained pace and endurance can be exposed.
    If available I prefer Rampe on Ricardi or even the Irishman.
    Was Florent the one that played on Toby the last time we played GWS at the SCG, and he allowed Toby to kick the winning goal due to his poor positioning at the stoppage? He is a much better player this year so I hope he has learned his lesson.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Was Florent the one that played on Toby the last time we played GWS at the SCG, and he allowed Toby to kick the winning goal due to his poor positioning at the stoppage? He is a much better player this year so I hope he has learned his lesson.
    It was BJ that was supposed to cover him at the throw in.

I seem to recall it was Dylan Stephens who got flack about uncovered Toby.

Notwithstanding the excellence of your recall of events that until now I was earnestly trying to forget but my point remains that I believe we can exploit Green’s weakness as a defender by using Florent whenever there is an opportunity to run away from defence.
    They will be expecting and preparing for Blakey and will probably try to use a defensive midfielder in that role, so I’m suggesting we opt for something else to break open their backline dominance. Green does not chase preferring to get out the back, my point is we can expose his laziness by giving the pill to Ollie and telling to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Given the wet week and expected drizzle would love to see a late change with Amartey out and Parker in

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Given the wet week and expected drizzle would love to see a late change with Amartey out and Parker in
    Has to be, cant let Amartey show up with fools gold every 3 weeks and hold his spot.
    We played Hawks last week, he should have beat up on them, he basically had the same output as me and I was in WA.

I watched a few times, high ball into the fwd line and he doesnt jump at it, even when he has a run, he just tries to find a body. Need to forget the opposition, if you have a run jump at it.

Talk about every opportunity in the world.

Also need to get Cambpell and Sheldrick into this side.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Love this. They had a parents day today, including McInerney’s dad. Not hard to see where young Justin gets his confidence and effervescence.

https://x.com/sydneyswans/status/178...704631101?s=61
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Love this. They had a parents day today, including McInerney’s dad. Not hard to see where young Justin gets his confidence and effervescence.

https://x.com/sydneyswans/status/178...704631101?s=61
    Bloody funny......he walks the same as Juzzy too.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Has to be, cant let Amartey show up with fools gold every 3 weeks and hold his spot.
    We played Hawks last week, he should have beat up on them, he basically had the same output as me and I was in WA.

I watched a few times, high ball into the fwd line and he doesnt jump at it, even when he has a run, he just tries to find a body. Need to forget the opposition, if you have a run jump at it.

Talk about every opportunity in the world.

Also need to get Cambpell and Sheldrick into this side.
    I completely agree about Campbell and Sheldrick. They're the future. I'm dismayed that Campbell is dropped this week.
    I also agree re Amartey. He has immense talent but whether he can graduate from Fool's Gold into the real thing is a great question. He certainly has the capability but I think for him it's a mindset thing. He needs to really really really believe in himself .... and if he does that he'll tear it apart. Adam Goodes was similarly erratic in his early years and played some absolutely putrid stinkers - but once he believed in himself the rest is history. I think Amartey has a similar switch just waiting. Whether it ever gets flicked, as it did with Goodsey, is the great unknown.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Warming the Bench redstarforever's Avatar
    let's show em smug with a big L on their face

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast