Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 15: the other games. Yay. there's still games.

Round 15: the other games. Yay. there's still games.

Personally, I'm getting a touch nervous, about all the little coronavirus flare ups, and how it could affect the progress of the season. So far, it's gone along with only minor disruptions, but I'm sure the AFL are dreading any further outbreaks, otherwise we might be soon having the 'Yay, we're all going to Tasmania' round.

This round starts off with the meeting of two sides with excellent recent form, Brisbane and Geelong. Brisbane have won eight of their last nine, with their only loss being against Melbourne. While Geelong have won six in a row, since we narrowly beat them. I think many Geelong fans were claiming that they should have won that too. I can't really recall what they were outraged about? Was it a free that should have been paid late? Though I do clearly recall, that we were on the receiving end of many dodgy decisions prior to that. Anyway, go the Lions.

Friday night's game is Richmond v St Kilda. It seems like I've been writing St Kilda's season off for ages, but somehow, they still have some sort of outside chance of making the eight. However, if they lose this one, that should really be the final nail in their coffin.

The first Saturday game is North v Gold Coast. That North are clear favourites, says a lot about how insipid Gold Coast has been lately. Possibly one benefit if North do manage to win, is that it will be another small bit of evidence, to back up the proposition, that North play better in Tasmania than they do in Melbourne. Which may make it that little bit easier for the AFL to base them there permanently. Here's hoping. I mean, if that was to happen, then all those North fans who leaned over the fence to shout abuse at Goodesy, will have to learn some new skills: like how to catch a ferry or book a plane ticket.

At the same time, Collingwood are taking on Fremantle. The punters have Collingwood as favourites. Not entirely sure why? Maybe they think the win in Buckley's last game is a sign of a permanent form improvement? Maybe it's Freo's poor away record? But still, it's Fremantle who are only just outside of the eight.

Next up is our rescheduled game against Port. Even though we've got a 64.5 winning percentage against Port, I'm not feeling overly confident. Perhaps a more pertinent statistic, is that Port have won the last four. Anyway, I hope Hickey has a big game and that one of our young tall forwards kicks a bag: otherwise I don't think I could stand all the, 'Oh, we should have never had traded Aliir' hand-wringing.

The Saturday night game is Essendon v Melbourne. That Essendon are one of the teams just outside the eight who could threaten our spot, definitely makes it, go the Demons, for me.

The first game on Sunday is GWS v Hawthorn. The fact that GWS are probably the most dangerous team currently outside of the eight, makes this a real dilemma. Could I really barrack for Hawthorn??........................................ .............................................Give me a M...give me a U...give me a S.

Next is West Coast v Western Bulldogs. It will probably be worth watching, to see how the Bulldogs cope with a typically one-sided, Eagles at home, in front of a deranged crowd, umpiring display. My guess is: not well.

The last match of the round is Carlton v Adelaide. Here, Carlton are favourites. Which seems odd to me, as I was under the impression that the wheels had totally fallen off their season and that Adelaide were still a long shot chance of a finals appearance.

Lions making a bit of a mess of the Cats. 43 points up a three quarter time. Although a couple of Daniher's goals, were apparently the result of some flagrant staging.

Gary Rohan back to his normal output

Senior Player
    Those 6 day breaks eh.

Enjoy watching this Lions side , D . Rich’s kicking, C. Cameron’s dodging and weaving , Danihers goal kicking, Zorkos skills .

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Enjoy watching this Lions side , D . Rich’s kicking, C. Cameron’s dodging and weaving , Danihers goal kicking, Zorkos skills .
    They have lot of good players don't they? A couple of Rich's kicks were just off the charts. After us then GWS, I could handle seeing them win
    the thing. Looked like there were a lot of people at the game too. Geelong's big three forwards may as well have stayed at home.
    Last edited by KTigers; 25th June 2021 at 07:20 AM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    They have lot of good players don't they? A couple of Rich's kicks were just off the charts. After us then GWS, I could handle seeing them win
    the thing. Looked like there were a lot of people at the game too. Geelong's big three forwards may as well have stayed at home.
    Jeremy Cameron again showed his true colours with his crude tackle on Neale. High followed by a headlock and then attempting to ram Neales head (and shoulder) into the ground. I reckon he should have been reported.....Luke Hodge typically said he "was just trying to make Neale earn it". Bull****, he was trying to take him out of the game and nearly succeeded. He's an a-hole.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Jeremy Cameron again showed his true colours with his crude tackle on Neale. High followed by a headlock and then attempting to ram Neales head (and shoulder) into the ground. I reckon he should have been reported.....Luke Hodge typically said he "was just trying to make Neale earn it". Bull****, he was trying to take him out of the game and nearly succeeded. He's an a-hole.
    Yeah, I saw that. Hodge was doing his best to channel Dermott's macho blustering. It's interesting how there is never anyone in their orbit that
    will tell them they sound like 12 year old boys half the time. They are lucky they were good at football. They don't have to grow up.

Senior Player
    Agree re Cameron. Cats lost the plot- hair trigger response from Stewart will be noted by other teams. Hawkins is another immature sook. Traits of their coach coming out. A bully when he played.

One of the biggest scumbags. Has done this kind of thing on multiple occasions. Absolute grub

Veterans List
    Cripps re-signed for another six years at less than Zac Williams!

Wouldn't be surprised if Cripps now lands some type of "role" at Visy for his selflessness to the Carlton cause No salary cap squeeze at Carlton

Senior Player
    Love watching Daniel Rich play. My favourite non-Swans player. Exquisite skills.

I also respect that he has remained a one club player particularly when the go home five came and went during his tenure. Happy for him that he is now being rewarded after many lean years in a club that seems to now be a regular finals participant.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast