Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Round 7 v GWS

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Tomahawk is in top form and I don’t think anyone else would have done better than Gould. If he is asked to play on a top KPF, it is harsh to judge him when he’s only been on the pitch for just minutes. With our current injuries we can give him a run of games to assess if he has a future with us- not because our season is gone, because I don’t think it has, but we simply don’t have anyone else down back and we need to know where he’s at, as we’ve given him this year to prove himself.
    Lots of people say we target Franklin too much. However I saw someone post that he was targeted 13 times from 52 forward 50 entries. That is just 25%, and as the tallest player in the forward line, that seems reasonable to me, and didn’t seem too predictable - 75% of the time it isn’t going to him.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Hey Mel, a question. When Richmond play a "home game" at Marvel do their fans have to buy a separate ticket? ie it's not included as
    part of season ticket package. I remember when we used to play the three home games at Homebush we had the same reserved seats
    there for every game and it was just part of our season ticket packages.
    When we play GWS at their stadium only about 10,000 Swans fans turn up as opposed to 30,000 plus that go to the SCG games.
    I don't think that drop off is just about having to travel, I think it's also about having to buy single game tickets. And that puts
    people off.
    I don't know the answer but I would assume since it's a Home game then it would be included in their membership package. The GWS game you mention is an away game for us so that's why it's not included. Richmond have been whinging about playing at Marvel for years, (especially their coach), so that doesn't help in attracting their supporters to the stadium.

Senior Player
    Yes, generally speaking the guys upfield will look for forwards who are loose and within their range and their own level of
    confidence in hitting as a target. It's not always going to be Buddy, and it isn't as we always have a big spread of goalkickers.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I don't know the answer but I would assume since it's a Home game then it would be included in their membership package. The GWS game you mention is an away game for us so that's why it's not included. Richmond have been whinging about playing at Marvel for years, (especially their coach), so that doesn't help in attracting their supporters to the stadium.
    If that's the case then it's official : Richmond have the softest, most fair weather fans in the league. They pay for a game then don't go
    because it's two miles down the road. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    If that's the case then it's official : Richmond have the softest, most fair weather fans in the league. They pay for a game then don't go
    because it's two miles down the road. Yikes.
    Can’t even blame the weather.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Richmond fans have close associations to the MCG. In fact many are MCC members.
    Plus when you get 15 home games a year you can be a bit picky which ones you go to. I doubt an MCC member is going to buy a ticket to watch GC with the peasentry in the upper decks of docklands.

Senior Player
    I just wanted to note - some great post-game analysis posts on this thread, particularly over the last few pages. A good read!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

The best way to exploit a team that doesn't have a ruckman, is not to play a ruckman as well. This offsets the advantage the team without a ruckman has.
    Not sure i agree with this.

That is like saying Geelong shouldnt have played Tommahawk cos we didnt have a Full Back.

Play 2 Rucks and let them worry about not having one.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Someone suggested a grain of salt was an advisable additive waswan
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 2nd May 2023 at 08:44 AM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Big Cat,

Unfortunately I have to agree with you on Gould. Tomahawk is no Usain Bolt, and to be able to put distance on Gould over 15 meters is a major concern.

I hope I am wrong but unless he can adjust to the pace at the top level quickly he will not make it

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Someone suggested a grain of salt was an advisable additive waswan
    🙄

As serious as a heart attack atm these last qtr fadeouts

Quote Originally Posted by BRS328 View Post
    Big Cat,

Unfortunately I have to agree with you on Gould. Tomahawk is no Usain Bolt, and to be able to put distance on Gould over 15 meters is a major concern.

I hope I am wrong but unless he can adjust to the pace at the top level quickly he will not make it
    If you look at tapes of Hawkins leadups, you will find that he puts distance on just about everyone when he's heading for a well placed ball. The defender has no chance and just gives up, so it appears that Hawkins is beating the defender with pace, when it's just that Tom has gotten a good jump on the ball and got separation earl on. Speed is not even a factor, because he's so huge, there's no way to make it a marking contest.

Gould is not slow. Those who follow the VFL games will know that. He may be slow off the mark, because his reaction time is not the quickest and he doesn't always read the play correctly.

In his first year and well into his 2nd year, Aliir was routinely beaten on the lead and he had lots of trouble reading the flight of the ball. It took time, but eventually he worked things out.

I don't know if Gould will be a good AFL defender. I'm only saying that we have a unique opportunity to find out in these weeks before Rampe returns. Why not use it?