Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rumour: Surprise retirement

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Originally posted by Reggi
    David Koch (sunrise this morning) mentioned Nick Davis as retiring (he thought he should keep playing)
    Wow, that would be one heck of a surprise but not implausible. Hope it isn't true.

On the Rookie List
    David Koch (sunrise this morning) mentioned Nick Davis as retiring (he thought he should keep playing)
    really? maybe i should be watching channel 7 for all my sporting gossip from now on.
    Onwards to Victory!

I thought it might be Goldspink but that would be a retirement from St Kilda on the weekend.

SXP
    I wonder if Kochie (a Port Adelaide supporter) mixed up Nick Davis with Matthew Nicks.

Veterans List
    Originally posted by Sanecow
    I thought it might be Goldspink but that would be a retirement from St Kilda on the weekend.
    Do you think he might be back on the crack?

On the Rookie List Ryan Bomford's Avatar
    How about Tadgh?

I've always feared that he was a risk to retire prematurely, at least from the Ozzie version of the game. A Premiership would nicely wrap up his career with the Swans and he is still young enough to have a full career with the round ball back in Ireland.

SXP
    Originally posted by Ryan Bomford
    How about Tadgh?

I've always feared that he was a risk to retire prematurely, at least from the Ozzie version of the game. A Premiership would nicely wrap up his career with the Swans and he is still young enough to have a full career with the round ball back in Ireland.
    I strongly doubt that. In such case you would make an announcement after not before the game.

This was hinted on the back page column of the Sunday Herald about 2 months ago that if the Swans reach/win the GF there will be a number of senior players retiring.

It will be probably be both Schauble and Maxfield.

There isn't anyone in the current side that will be retiring apart from Ball.

To that you can add Nicks, Fixter, James & Powell.

Could Doyle be a surprise addition to play FF?
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Nick Davis is too young and has way too much to offer.

Kennelly - don't know abou this one. His family would love him to come home and win one for Kerry. He's an Aussie citizen with a Aussie girlfriend (I think that's still the case)....if he goes I hope it's only for a year and comes back to captain the Swans in his latter years...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345