Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many more votes would Goodes need...

How many more votes would Goodes need...

...to win the Brownlow in 2006?

I personally think one more BOG and a 1 or 2 vote-game from the remaining rounds should be enough.

The clash with the Lions appears to be the most likely game in which Goodes will do well. He seems to always step up against Brisbane and will enjoy the space and freedom of Telstra Stadium. For some reason, his performances have been down in the close confines of the SCG this year, or maybe that is just the opposition.

Thoughts?
    Sanford Wheeler 4 President!

Re: How many more votes would Goodes need...

Originally posted by JudesaGun
    ...to win the Brownlow in 2006?

I personally think one more BOG and a 1 or 2 vote-game from the remaining rounds should be enough.

The clash with the Lions appears to be the most likely game in which Goodes will do well. He seems to always step up against Brisbane and will enjoy the space and freedom of Telstra Stadium. For some reason, his performances have been down in the close confines of the SCG this year, or maybe that is just the opposition.

Thoughts?
    He'd be a good chance. Not favourite with the bookies because he's not in melbourne every week. He's had a better year than Judd IMO (Judd's missed a few).

Also, the umpires hate most of our team, so no one stealing votes off him.

Re: Re: How many more votes would Goodes need...

Originally posted by barry
    He'd be a good chance. Not favourite with the bookies because he's not in melbourne every week. He's had a better year than Judd IMO (Judd's missed a few).

Also, the umpires hate most of our team, so no one stealing votes off him.
    He never argues with the umpires either, which always helps.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Re: Re: Re: How many more votes would Goodes need...

Originally posted by goswannie14
    He never argues with the umpires either, which always helps.
    Yesterday he even protected them - stopping a run at the ball when Goldspink fell over.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I reckon he's up there near the 20 mark with Goodwin, Bruce, West, Edwards and Brad Johnson. Next 3 weeks are crucial to his chances. He really should take control against Brisbane and Carlton as they are not playing well at the moment. Could be tougher against Geelong as they usually play the tight marking Ling on him.

Originally posted by ugg
    I reckon he's up there near the 20 mark with Goodwin, Bruce, West, Edwards and Brad Johnson. Next 3 weeks are crucial to his chances. He really should take control against Brisbane and Carlton as they are not playing well at the moment. Could be tougher against Geelong as they usually play the tight marking Ling on him.
    Doesnt matter if ling plays on him,he will still do the damageIMO.I think Goodes will win Brownlow by about 3 to 5 votes IMHO.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

So how much money have you put on him?

Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Originally posted by ugg
    So how much money have you put on him?
    $100 at 7/1
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Originally posted by ugg
    Could be tougher against Geelong as they usually play the tight marking Ling on him.
    I don't think Ling can really play a run-with role any more, certainly not against Goodes.

I'd still prefer Johnson to win.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

They tried it at Telstra Stadium, and Goodes responded by going straight to the goal square. It'll either be Ling or Rooke.

On the Rookie List
    Consensus among Swans players and media types is that he's having a better season than in his Brownlow year but who ever knows what the umps are thinking.
    LIFE GOES ON

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast