Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: June 2- Socceroos match on same night as Swans

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Thumbs down June 2- Socceroos match on same night as Swans

Argh, was chatting on MSN with Ando & just heard that the Socceroos are playing Uruguay on June 02 the same night of the match against Essendon.

I generally would rather rip my arm off than miss a Swans home match but that night against Uruguay out at Homebush was one of the most epic days in my life (sporting fan or no). Plus the full strength Socceroos squad doesn't come around every match.

I know I will lose face with some people here missing a Swans match, but it is not as if i don't support the Swans enough at other times.

I wonder if the Swans are aware of the fact that a fair percentage of their supporter base follow the Round Ball Code as well. Wonder if they would ever consider rescheduling the Essendon match to earlier in the day or even another day to avoid giving dual code supporters like myself a rather uncomfortable choice to make. I see that Port & playing Hawthorn early at AAMI the next day. Do you reckon the AFL would look at swapping matches to as to avoid a clash, even though I'm aware that they are quite belidgerant at not changing match times when faces with big rugby union internationals such as the Bledisloe & Saffas tests.

I hate it when I'm placed in this position I swear.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Go to the soccer. What's the big deal?

Regular in the Side
    agreed with sanecow. you don't need our approval so go to the soccer. you won't be letting any one down.
    then again, i think it would be worth trying 15-16 players on field so what would i know

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?

Re: June 2- Socceroos match on same night as Swans

Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    Argh, was chatting on MSN with Ando & just heard that the Socceroos are playing Uruguay on June 02 the same night of the match against Essendon.

I generally would rather rip my arm off than miss a Swans home match but that night against Uruguay out at Homebush was one of the most epic days in my life (sporting fan or no). Plus the full strength Socceroos squad doesn't come around every match.

I know I will lose face with some people here missing a Swans match, but it is not as if i don't support the Swans enough at other times.

I wonder if the Swans are aware of the fact that a fair percentage of their supporter base follow the Round Ball Code as well. Wonder if they would ever consider rescheduling the Essendon match to earlier in the day or even another day to avoid giving dual code supporters like myself a rather uncomfortable choice to make. I see that Port & playing Hawthorn early at AAMI the next day. Do you reckon the AFL would look at swapping matches to as to avoid a clash, even though I'm aware that they are quite belidgerant at not changing match times when faces with big rugby union internationals such as the Bledisloe & Saffas tests.

JF
    Traitor........

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?

JF
    But seriously, I know how you feel. I was at that last game and yep, one of the best sporting moments of my life. And I agree, not often you actually see a full strength Aussie side her in Australia. Should be a rare treat.

It would be nice to think that the AFL could get their @@@@ together enough to realise the clash and adjust the time/day to enable fans to see both... But I sincerley doubt it. I do recall them failing to reschedule a game last year when we clashed with a Bledisloe game (And didn't that show in the ratings and attendance)

Nothwithstanding, I'll still be at the Swans Game....

Originally posted by Sanecow
    Go to the soccer. What's the big deal?
    Gee you guys are tough on a bloke. The big deal is his 2 great loves, the Swans and the Socceroos are going head to head in Sydney.

And Tim, I don't believe JF is asking for our approval, just voicing his disappointment of finding out the clash of codes.

Give him some sort of a break.

It's a no-brainer for me although I must say I would have liked to have seen the Soccer if it did not clash. Obviously a tougher decision for him and one he would like to avoid having to make.

JF
    Hey JF sucked in to SFC and cheats never prosper But any way go to the football and listen to the Swans on MMM or but a tiny portable TV and watch both,i brought one for work to watch the cricket.

Go the Tards
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Re: Re: June 2- Socceroos match on same night as Swans

Originally posted by swantastic
    Hey JF sucked in to SFC and cheats never prosper But any way go to the football and listen to the Swans on MMM or but a tiny portable TV and watch both,i brought one for work to watch the cricket.

Go the Tards
    Um, who let you into this thread fleabag?

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"

Isn't the real issue why the FFA scheduled a match on the same night as a Swans-Bombers clash?
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

I agree, the AFL draw has been out for some time and the FFA are aware of it. I would say that is why they have done it. Bragging rights..."We got X people and the AFL only got Y amount." Rather juvenile really.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Originally posted by hammo
    Isn't the real issue why the FFA scheduled a match on the same night as a Swans-Bombers clash?
    they have to fit the match in when their players are available. Considering the European season finishes in late May & the players normally need to get in 3-4 weeks to rest their bodies, they have a very small window where they can both play the game & hire Telstra Stadium.

The Swans-Essendon match isn't one of our big drawing matches to be honest either now that Essendon are crap.

JF

Just go to the soccer. Why make a fuss? The AFL won't reschedule a game because of a clash, it clashes with plenty of stuff plenty of the time.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast