Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Richmond Practice Match Thread

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Oh right duh. I was thinking Rogers but we delisted him years ago.

Originally posted by ugg
    Some of the nicknames baffle me: The Gambler and the Duke.
    Sorry, I have my own set of nicknames and when I type fast they just come out.
    Gambler - Keiren Jack (naturally) Half the people in the crowd were giving the poor kid heaps.
    Duke - Earl Shaw of course.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Veteran Site Admin
    Originally posted by ugg
    Thanks for both sets of detailed comments.

As for White debuting in round 1, I would think that would be a long shot even accounting for his excellent performances in the pre-season. Asking him to play a key position against the premiers in front of a huge crowd would be too daunting. In any case, in one of the pre-season articles, Longmire indicated while they were impressed by White they still he has a long way to go before making a senior debut.

Some of the nicknames baffle me: The Gambler and the Duke.
    I presume the Duke is Earl Shaw??

On one hand I agree with you re White but fact is that we're down one tall backman - LRT - and someone else is going to have to come in. I am not suggesting that they'll stick White on CHF types - though first up it is Hansen, who is persistent and hardworking rather than explosive. I reckon Roosey is going to have to shuffle B2 and Big Ted around as CHB coverage. But that leaves a role for a third or spare tall, and if it is someone who can be switched forward - ala Richards - all the better.

White looks as good an option for this role as any other at the moment - Vogels is his only real competition. Vogels looked much happier and constructive playing in the forward line today than he has for the past two weeks in defence. Whereas White looks - at this early stage - competent at either end.

Of course, they may decide that Bolton, Richards and Barry can cover the tall forwards and choose to "replace" LRT with a smaller running player - especially against the Wiggles. But I still think that White is in with a shot.

Veterans List
    Originally posted by giant
    Mod Edit: Full article removed, link in post following.
    The full article was posted twice that I saw in Big Footy -why do they have different rules?

The Summernatts wedding was a definite highlight. (You know how much I love white trash!!)

A good run by all who participated, but honestly, why have one of the best tap ruckmen in the business, if there's no one there to receive the ball?

I think we only saw the ball go straight down someones throat once today - to Kirky then onto a goal. It looked so easy from where we were sitting.

It was very, very hot in Canberra today (I came home with a tan ... wow!!). They did play as well as could be expected, although there were a lot of handling errors and turnovers that were direct results of too much handballing. Sometimes I think they've just gotta bite the bullet and kick it forward.

I would have loved to have seen BBBH out there. He could use the practice. But then again, I belive BBBH should play with the mindset of "this year I'm going to win the Coleman". It seriously can't hurt us.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Pay peanuts get monkeys

Veteran Site Admin
    Originally posted by giant
    The full article was posted twice that I saw in Big Footy -why do they have different rules?
    It is up to BigFooty to set their own rules. RWO has had a consistent rule for several years that full articles should not be posted, as set out in the RWO Forum Rules at the top of every forum.

The reasons have been discussed many times in the past.

Draftee that debuted Rd. 1....Saddington.

Watched last night in Launceston. He seems very happy with his team mates. Didn't do much....made me want to cry as he was one of my favourites. A shell of him at his best.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Annie Haddad

A good run by all who participated, but honestly, why have one of the best tap ruckmen in the business, if there's no one there to receive the ball?
    So you're finally on the Nick Davis in the midfield bandwagon?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

My Pokemon brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "Wanna trade cards?"
    "Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I can beat you, I've got Charizard!"

Originally posted by satchmopugdog
    Draftee that debuted Rd. 1....Saddington.

Watched last night in Launceston. He seems very happy with his team mates. Didn't do much....made me want to cry as he was one of my favourites. A shell of him at his best.
    I wasnt happy when Swans got rid of him but now i know why he is @@@@ after watching him against the hawks.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks Liz and ORB for the comments. Leaves AAP for dead.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast