Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: roosy s bitterness according to patrick smith

roosy s bitterness according to patrick smith

well who can blame roosy. umpires are dopes, and as for the afl and demitriou and anderson in any other corpration they would have got the sack what a protected envirnment they work in.
    then we have the rules committee, kb is a dinosaur a relic of the past and he is unlistenable to , always on his high horse and never prepared to listen to reason, and patrick smith is no better in what he says and writes.
    there seems to be rules for some and different ones for others, and that is what irks people more than anything. the continual double standards of the afl.
    was thinking in 2002 we had people power get roosy the coaching gig here and he dilivered in the 3 yrs what he said he would, more than wallace has done for richmond and a lot more than he would have done here.
    maybe a petition to rid the game of the kbs andersons etc so we can have clear and concise rules and standards and that the game can be enjoyed.
    the game is being destroyed by a small sector with bigger egos than brain and who are so short sighted they cant see what they doing.
    the rules committee needs to go , hell buckley resigned so says a lot for what they thought of the players opinions and gives a indication of what the players think of the idiots trying to run our game.
    stay bitter roosy you allowed to be, but just get the boys playing good footy so we dont have to be subjected to bad umpiring and dumb rules.

Quote Originally Posted by doctor swan View Post
    well who can blame roosy. umpires are dopes, and as for the afl and demitriou and anderson in any other corpration they would have got the sack what a protected envirnment they work in.
    then we have the rules committee, kb is a dinosaur a relic of the past and he is unlistenable to , always on his high horse and never prepared to listen to reason, and patrick smith is no better in what he says and writes.
    there seems to be rules for some and different ones for others, and that is what irks people more than anything. the continual double standards of the afl.
    was thinking in 2002 we had people power get roosy the coaching gig here and he dilivered in the 3 yrs what he said he would, more than wallace has done for richmond and a lot more than he would have done here.
    maybe a petition to rid the game of the kbs andersons etc so we can have clear and concise rules and standards and that the game can be enjoyed.
    the game is being destroyed by a small sector with bigger egos than brain and who are so short sighted they cant see what they doing.
    the rules committee needs to go , hell buckley resigned so says a lot for what they thought of the players opinions and gives a indication of what the players think of the idiots trying to run our game.
    stay bitter roosy you allowed to be, but just get the boys playing good footy so we dont have to be subjected to bad umpiring and dumb rules.
    Can someone translate this for me?
    Does God believe in Atheists?

re patrick smiths article in the australian 4/6/2007

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Interesting to read an alternate POV, but the article reads as though Smith is doing as much whinging as he accuses Roos of. Crucial point of the argument that he misses is that yes Monty should have kicked that last goal, but it doesn't negate the complaint Roos is making, nor would it have stopped him making it I'd suggest.

In the Richo case, Michael had made a mess of it and was backing in to Richo. It looked like the hands were up to protect himself rather than to push him off, and the initial foul was against Michael in any case. Any coincidence he was the same guy given the 2 soft frees against Hall I wonder? I'd hate to see a situation where defenders deliberately back in or fall over just to win free kicks. Something Mark Murphy did late in the game last night was clearly a dive, although he eventually won a free (correctly) for in the back. We don't want to see the game go the way of the diving in football/soccer.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veteran Site Admin
    The debate about the hands on the back rule has been hysterical and mostly uninformed.
    Given that almost every coach and many players have come out and questioned the purpose of this rule and the way it was introduced, who exactly are these hysterical and uninformed people Paddy?

I love the way he says "just don't do it", conveniently ignoring the cries from those who make their living from playing / coaching the game who point out it is incredibly hard to suddenly change the way you've been taught to play.

And the response from those intent on defending the rule has been the most hysterical I've read. I haven't heard a single decent argument why touching (not pushing) with the hands is such a blight on the game, other than an admission that umpires weren't properly ruling on real pushes in the past.

If pushing with any part of the body is still illegal (which I have no problem with), why is it OK to touch with any other part of the body? Are we going to get to a situation in a year or two when the powers that be decide the umpires can't distinguish between a push and a hold with the hip and so outlaw that contact too? What exactly is so heinous about hands touching another player IF IT IS COMPLETELY INCIDENTAL TO THE CONTEST?

The buffoon from the Australian strikes again.

He is becoming almost as egostistical as Caroline Wilson.

Regular in the Side
    a typical pompus wanker.
    obviously wqas picked on a scholl by the footy team and thinks he can use his words as justifiable crap.
    that has got to be the biggest load of crap i have ever read..

been tryiongt to find his email so i could email him and let him know..funny it doesn't seem to be listed.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hear hear Liz (I love it when you post in capital).
    That was a terrible article. It seems it's ok for him to express his opinion, but not for anyone else.
    If he had attended the game, he would no doubt have realised, that the crowd weren't booing the Essendon players but the result. With so many controversial decisions, of course the crowd would get passionate and it's good to see. Footy is alive and well and all of the stakeholders (players, coaches, journo's and supporters) care about it.
    It's time for a petition.

Quote Originally Posted by robamiee View Post
    a typical pompus wanker.
    obviously wqas picked on a scholl by the footy team and thinks he can use his words as justifiable crap.
    that has got to be the biggest load of crap i have ever read..

been tryiongt to find his email so i could email him and let him know..funny it doesn't seem to be listed.
    I was trying to do the same thing.

On the Rookie List swansrock4eva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I'd hate to see a situation where defenders deliberately back in or fall over just to win free kicks.
    I work with an U18 club down here in Melbourne now and right from the start of the pre-season, all the coaches have told their playing groups to back back into a contest simply because the person they are backing into will instinctively put their hands out to protect themselves and therefore give away the free kick. So far they have been proved right but it seems most clubs in the comp have imparted the same advice so there has ended up being no advantage one way or another. More than anything it's put additional pressure on the umpires to try to be consistent with ANOTHER rule change and it's added to the frustration of all involved when calls aren't as consistent as one might hope they would be. I know the rule change certainly hasn't added to my enjoyment of footy (as a spectotor or being involved), more than anything it's helped reduce it as I get frustrated at the inconsistency and the lack of physical contest. I watch footy to see a hard tough contest and now I'm not seeing that.

i disagree with roos taking a swipe at the umpiring. he should focus on things we can control and stop whinging.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast