Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How Slow Is Mcveigh!!!!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Drop McVeigh. Pretty average so far. I think Thornton can perform a similar role if he's given the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by alison.z View Post
    i thought bevan was good today, so was vogels (particularly early) and schmidt. laidlaw did enough to warrant selection for next week i think.
    The three that played today that u mentioned definitely require more games to see what they can do. None of those three played badly and I can't see anyone better to replace them at this stage. I think Hall still needs a bit of time.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Drop McVeigh. Pretty average so far. I think Thornton can perform a similar role if he's given the chance.
    He MUST go. He has provided absolutely nothing all year. For what reason, I don't know. He just seems so freaking SLOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    Yep - it needs to be a gradual process, but it should have started already so it has less disruptive impact.
    No I think the process has started at the correct time. I think you might find that the process has already started. It is just that those being introduced to the team need to show their stuff from now until seasons end (which I think will be round 23). Come round 1 if he is in the startup it will be because of a lack of showing from the newly introduced players, or a lack of willing from the selection committee to let those players play, or because he pulls his finger out and miraculously finds something ( I can't see this happening though ).

Yes, I agree it has started, but the two problems are that some of the introduced aren't showing a lot and I think a few more changes could have been made.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

There were at least two occasions when he just did not attack the ball. Once was against G.Ablett on the far wing and McVeigh did this little stuttewr thing and Ablett just ran at the ball and picked it up...footy is a simple game.

The second was in the last quarter. The ball was in the air. Mcveigh was the closest to the ball. He didn't leave his player to move to the ball so a Cat came from a lot further away and marked it uncontested in their forward line. If we have the ball they can't have it. We cna't get the ball if we don't go for it....or are the rules so against the player going for the ball that he is afraid of going for it?
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

maybe sheedy will trade him for the other mcveigh

Yes, I agree it has started, but the two problems are that some of the introduced aren't showing a lot and I think a few more changes could have been made.
    What are those changes though? We got Schmidt we got Laidlaw. Both warranted, and after todays game, valid changes. I want to see more of them. But I don't think there are any guns on our list that will warrant selection over JB. Moore maybe (although not a gun)? But you can't have too many holistic changes without remaining competitive. The swans did well today to keep with a real contender, on their own ground, with the team they supplied. I can't ask for much more than that except a win.

We have been lauding the style of the swans for so long now, and I reckon today they showed us a bit more of what they have in offer. I hope they keep with what they have for a few more weeks yet. We might see something exciting.

I think a bit of credit is due as well as a bit of criticism today. And I'm not saying that you are criticising them NMW.

Get rid of McVeigh for a start would be a welcome change. Bevan next. But I'm happy with McVeigh going before Bevan, because I believe Bevan is playing his role well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Juicy View Post
    The swans did well today to keep with a real contender, on their own ground, with the team they supplied. I can't ask for much more than that except a win.
    I only give the team a little credit. Every team has to cope with some players missing. We have Hall and Kennelly out. Collingwood smashed us last week missing Clement, Buckley and Presti, and on our home ground. We should have done better - we were a chance for only a few minutes, and a lot of that was due to Geelong's reduced bench. I think a few more changes are needed.
    Last edited by NMWBloods; 30th June 2007 at 06:30 PM.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

I only give the team a little credit. Every team has to cope with some players missing. We have Hall and Kennelly out. Collingwood smashed us last week missing Clement, Buckley and Presti, and on our home ground. We should have done better - we were a chance for only a few minutes, and a lot of that was due to Geelong's reduced bench. I think a few more changes are needed.
    I'm seriously not making excuses for the team. Hall out.... PFFFFFT! I've been asking for him to stand down for a few weeks now. Kennelly out.... well we do miss him and there is no denying it, but you play with what team you can field on the day. So no excuses.

I would like you to name the changes

McVeigh and Mathews out now.

J Bolton out in a few weeks.

Bevan out in a few weeks after that.

Why not try some more of the reserves players - I'm not sure if they would do any worse.

There are a lot of hacks running around today - McVeigh, Mathews, J Bolton, Bevan. Buchanan and Dempster aren't far above that.
    But what did the selectors do? They dropped Schneider!! Does anyone here think he's that bad compared to some others?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast