Thread: Two rookies for nomination now.

Two rookies for nomination now.

They say things happen in three. let's hope not.

What two rookies are front runners for elevation?

Can a club alter it's nomination or once elevated that's it until season end.

At this stage O'Dwyer is a run but I think Murphy and Orreal will be put in cotton wall for another year.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Regular in the Side
    can we find out if Bird is on the rookie list- as it says it is on the swans website

then he would be the obvious one to call up first

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Bird is on the senior list.

Our rookies are Smith, Murphy, O'Dwyer, Orreal, Beckmans, Bruce, Terlich.

I don't think any of them deserve a promotion at the moment.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    They say things happen in three. let's hope not.
    Back in 2004 it was Eski and Sundqvist who went down before the season started. We had to wait another couple of months before Goodes injured his knee far less seriously.

Hopefully the "third" was Tiger's from last year.

Regular in the Side
    i thought smith. o'dwyer and bruce did some nice things tonight - we haven't had much of a chance to see any of the others play

On the Rookie List
    O'Dwyer is the stand out Rookie for me. If Henry Playfair is on the Long term injury list, then he should be promoted to the senior list.

He got a fair bit of the ball last night and most of the time did something effective with it, Ok there were a couple of n00b mistakes but that is to be expected especially when some of our senior players still make the mistakes he made.

Veterans List
    You might find that to elevate a couple of rookies will put some pressure on the salary cap given the mail is Dempster and Schneider were victims of the salary cap.

I dont know how long term injuries affect the cap and rookie elevations but I bet one of our learned RWO'ers will know.

The real problem with losing Thornton is that he was obviously presssing for a senior berth which takes away from our depth, and this takes the pressure off senior players to play at the top of their form week in week out. Just when our depth was genuinely taking shape.

Suspended by the MRP
    O'Dwyer diffenately should be promoted.

I think the rules are, if somebody is on the long term injury list like Malceski is, then the club can replace him with someone from the Rookie List.

And plus, I think the club can nominate 2 rookie listed players that can play during the season, if the club has 2 veterens on their list.

I think that's how it works.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    O'Dwyer diffenately should be promoted.

I think the rules are, if somebody is on the long term injury list like Malceski is, then the club can replace him with someone from the Rookie List.

And plus, I think the club can nominate 2 rookie listed players that can play during the season, if the club has 2 veterens on their list.

I think that's how it works.

A rookie can play in place of a long-term injured player. But the nominated rookie system works the other way around. The Swans don't have that option this year (irrelevant as it now is, thanks to the knee gods) because they do have two outside listed veterans.

In terms of who might get promoted, I reckon we should wait and see. Realistically, I don't think O'Dwyer is that close at the moment to a senior game. He had some nice touches yesterday but they were mostly in the final term when the pace had slowed down a bit. I thought he struggled a little to keep up with the pace when he was in more senior company- which isn't really a criticism of him. He's still very young and raw. Bruce was probably more impressive than him yesterday. But I am not suggesting Bruce is close to a senior game either. Both are some way off where Vogels was when he played early in the season as a rookie a few years back.