Thread: Swans in Hall of Fame tribute match squads

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Swans in Hall of Fame tribute match squads

Official Website of the Australian Football League > News Article > Cats, Crows dominate tribute match teams

Dream Team
    Craig Bolton
    Tadhg Kennelly
    Brett Kirk

Victoria
    Adam Goodes
    Ryan O'Keefe
    Last edited by ugg; 15th April 2008 at 11:34 AM.

Veteran Site Admin
    No surprises with those named. Goodes is probably marginal purely based on the past month's form but he have had to have been diabolical not to at least make the initial squad given what he's capable of when he hits his straps.

Micky O is possibly the only name missing who might have had a call up based on form.

Have to wonder if BBBH might have been named had the squads been announced on Friday!

Liz, IIRC the squads were meant to be picked on 2007 form as well as 2008 YTD. Yes, Goodes didn't start so well last year, but finished on fire, so that would ensure him being there.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

There's five players I'd hate to see injured because of a silly exhibition match.

Saying that, out of 650-odd players, kudos to the lot of them for making it.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Haddad View Post
    There's five players I'd hate to see injured because of a silly exhibition match.

Saying that, out of 650-odd players, kudos to the lot of them for making it.
    Well Annie,

It is meant to be the best of the best in the comp playing that game, so its not like we can offer up Bevo or Benny Mathews in their place!

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    Well Annie,

It is meant to be the best of the best in the comp playing that game, so its not like we can offer up Bevo or Benny Mathews in their place!
    I know, I know.

But it's no biggy if Bevo or Matthews went out injured.

It's just that I'd be really, really filthy dirty if one of those named was hurt.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Have to wonder if BBBH might have been named had the squads been announced on Friday!
    Yeah, thought exactly the same thing liz.

Given his early season form, I reckon he would have been selected.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Yeah, thought exactly the same thing liz.

Given his early season form, I reckon he would have been selected.
    They should have picked him anyway.....as a link back to the darker days on on field punchups and the like that are no longer part of the game. After all, the game is commemorate 150 years of footy!

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Red face

Anyone find it funny they are talking profusely about the Hall of Fame match to try & get people to stop talking about what happened on Saturday night.

Is anyone seriously planning on going to that game? To me that is pretty much a weekend off footy. Would be an interesting spectacle to watch from my couch. But the Swans are the team I barrack for. How can I barrack for Eagles players; that is against my religion?!

But go the Doug Anthony AllStars all the same!

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

I will watch it (Oh wait a minute I wont watch it cause Ill be going out on the town for my 21st) but I would watch it if I was home but dont have much of an interest in it. As long as all the swans that end up playing come through unscathed Ill be happy.

It would be nice to see Kirk line up on Goodes, and Bolton line up on O'Keefe! Could happen, depending on how the teams are named.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

There's no question that Kennelly and O'Keefe are in ther CURRENT form to warrant selection in at least the squads. O'keefe is in the top five of all the leaderboards for players that I have seen.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005