Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eastlake v Reserves (Sunday 2pm @ Manuka)

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    I would have thought that in BBBH we've had a recent reminder that thuggish behaviour isn't confined to "bushleaguers". It doesn't hurt more or less because you have or haven't ever heard of the guy who hit (or in this case flung) you. I don't think that what seemed like a late tackle, followed by retaliation by Davo, followed by an all-in brawl, could be defined as being 'targeted'.
    No no, I think it is just an oddity that it popped out so seems worse than what in reality was probably just a bit of argey bargey... but I do think they were quicker to step in because it was Nick Davis than they would have been if it was Nick Smith.

I disagree about the BBBH comment, whilst his behaviour was thuggish the reason it received so much media play was because it was out of the norm for AFL level in the modern game. Not suggesting it happens all the time in bush leagues, but I think it's fair to say it's a lot more common.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I believe they do - nothing illegal but they know they've got to do it in an attempt to put off the higher skilled players from their usual game.

Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans > News Article > Reserves suffer another loss

Crouch not actually injured, just reached his alloted playing time.

A big guy took some marks in the forward-line. Quick! Before he loses form!

Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    MCVeigh used to get heaps when I was regularly going to their games, as did Schauble in his year in Canberra. Davo cops a fair bit of it more recently.
    Be interesting to be the cente half back who gets the job to rough up Big Beamish Barry if we bring him back through the 2's
    Bevo bandwagon driver

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    Be interesting to be the cente half back who gets the job to rough up Big Beamish Barry if we bring him back through the 2's
    I dunno, I reckon there's a butcher, baker or candlestick maker running around in the Canberra league who sees himself as a hardman wouldn't mind taking the risk of an altercation so as to have a lovely tale to tell in later life as he props up the public bar at the Holbrook Hotel.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

On the Rookie List
    Anyone got any info on how Davis did his knee?
    Grandson of South Melbourne legend Keith Schaefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogg0 View Post
    Anyone got any info on how Davis did his knee?
    Earlier in the thread there is a link....read through it carefully so you don't misinterpret it.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Blog Entries

Senior Player
    [QUOTE

Crouch not actually injured, just reached his alloted playing time.[/QUOTE]

THAT is why the Canberra league is a bloody joke - we need to get out of it. Why we re-signed for it I'll never know. We might save 100-200K in air travel but that is peanuts really. VFL is the only comp we should be playing our reserves in.

It is too big a step in professionalism and also we are handicapped by these stupid rules. Yeah I know the VFL has caps (not on playing time but numbers) but we could always field our own side.

Great to hear now that we don't flog every side, we just have totally crippled rules to bring us back to the pack. What a brilliant strategy for developing your players........

The alloted playing time is not a competition rule, it was probably set by Swans coaching staff along with the medicos to ease Crouch back from injury. Spida had a similar programme when he returned through the reserves.

Armstrong inspires Tigers to big upset - The Canberra Times

Armstrong inspires Tigers to big upset - The Canberra Times

Armstrong inspires Tigers to big upset
    The Canberra Times, Australia - 13 Jul 2008
    But the Tigers' chances to edge back into the four look slim after Eastlake secured its second win this year over the Sydney Swans in a thrilling finish to ...
    Struggling Davis dislocates knee during Manuka melee The Canberra Times
    all 2 news articles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12