Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
What YOUTH are in danger of burn out?....more like frozen out. "They need to be eased into it" No..they need to be exposed to it..It is, after all, what they were drafted to do, not farting around in the Canberra league.
There aren't many players running around, who haven't been in well beaten sides early in their careers. Has it been harmful to players developement?... To the contrary, seeing first hand how the best sides go about playing, is an invaluable lesson.
Well, there you are at odds with P Roos who has said that, as a player, he has seen players brought in too underdeveloped and it has slowed or stopped their development. So either he's just looking after his mates or he's doing his job. Your call.

After saying that, I'm amazed that Luke is playing. He seemed hopeless last week but there have been games when I've thought that and Roos has singled him out as fulfilling the role required of him. Either we have no-one else to play or there is some secret role assigned to him by bigger footy brains than mine that I simply don't see from the stands.

I'm really, really hoping I see the Swans try hard for four quarters on Saturday. I haven't seen that this year so if they do and still get flattened I'll go home happy.

If they do and win, I'll stay around to party. Is there an after-party?