Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: NAB Cup

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I made sure of this and I am all set. One bottle of red wine. One bottle of white wine. One bowl of tomato salsa. One bowl of white corn chips. One mobile phone on which to text moans or cheers. All set.

SO what are you going to drink after the first quarter?
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    In Thailand the match is on Australian Network Channel at 4:30pm Saturday
    Got the big flat screen in the condo on the 15th floor, Chilean wine and Japanese snacks,rooftop pool for a quick dip at half time and massage girl booked for after the game. Its a tough life being an ex-pat!
    I must say that all sounds very enticing Hartijon however it may be a little excessive and financially unjustifiable just for a pre-season game.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    I must say that all sounds very enticing Hartijon however it may be a little excessive and financially unjustifiable just for a pre-season game.
    Very true,but I am STARVED of AFL and anything is better than nothing

Just went in to the Rooty Hill RSL website and it says that Sat night's game has been sold out. Haven't rung the club yet but was wondering whether anyone has heard whether or not there is a separate allocation of tickets at the ground? I was hoping to purchase tickets on the way in?

Hoping I haven't left my run too late. If I have I'll be needing to know which pubs will be showing the game.
    I think you might me able to get in on the night - the ticket pricing was a bit strange - if you and a mate were going (2 adults) you could get up to 4 kids tickets for $zero. I think there will be a load of people who got kids tickets for kids that won't come - it didn't cost them anything, so no drama.

Wear shorts.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Thanks Gnome. I don't think I get One HD (do I not need a set top box for that?) but I do get Main Event so it's no issue watching it from home.

I'd rather watch it in a pub though as I was to hook up with someone from the other side of town.

Anyone have any good suggestions on a good pub where the game would definitely be shown?
    For future reference, as you obviously have Foxtel, channel ONE is 518.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    For future reference, as you obviously have Foxtel, channel ONE is 518.
    I see. Ta. 518 through foxtel is Main Event which may explain why I could never find ONE. Anyway I think I'm off to the Court House in Newtown now, so the dilemma as it stands is sorted.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

On the Rookie List
    Must congratulate the promotions people at the Swans .They have really got the message across internationally. So many people wearing red shirts here in Thailand I feel quite at home. Looks like there must be a big game coming up soon!

Some people with older Foxtel subscriptions do not have the new digital channels like One, OneHD, ABC2, ABC3, SBS TWO etc etc. If so you should probably ring Foxtel and ask about updating your channel list.

Does anybody know whether you can take foldaway chairs to sit on the grassed areas on Sat night?
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

For those going by public transport, a shuttle bus service at 5 min intervals will operate from Doonside station from 5.10 pm.
    link: Getting to the Game
    I'll be trying to get folding chairs in too.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

The amount of Red and White in Canada is amazing.

Most people around the Winter Olympics don't seem to realise that Pyke may not be #1 Ruck, and there is this strange fettish with a cross-training sport of hockey......

but, Canadians are so polite, I am sure they are really dressed up for the NAB Cup like the rest of us.

Go Swans Always
    Yes folding chairs are okay to take in. Have to considering there is no seating only the stand. Fans generally cannot afford stand seating $100 per ticket?

Six of us going and taking 6 folding chairs.
    Love those Swans