Thread: Game Plan

Blog Entries

Game Plan

Glad to see it's changed so much!!

How slow do we bring it out of defence?

I'm most happy with the 'handballing back in traffic when it's easier to turn around and run in a straight line' thing we've got going on. Clever.
    -

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Glad to see it's changed so much!!

How slow do we bring it out of defence?
    The Saints's pressure was again very good tonight and we won't be the only team to struggle against it. I actually thought we were more enterprising early on, before reverting to type in the 3rd and 4th quarters, perhaps because of tired legs.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    The Saints's pressure was again very good tonight and we won't be the only team to struggle against it. I actually thought we were more enterprising early on, before reverting to type in the 3rd and 4th quarters, perhaps because of tired legs.
    That was how I saw it as well. I actually think tonight that St Kilda were pretty average apart from kicking very straight and taking their chances in that sense and exerting excellent pressure. At least half a dozen of their goals came as a direct result of sloppy turnovers from the Swans, and then a few others came from some rather questionable umpiring calls to say the least.

Even though we still have a lot of work to do, I already think there is significant improvement from last year in terms of our ball movement through the middle. Its going to take time to gel, but I saw a lot of encouraging signs tonight.