Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paul Roos on "Open Mike" tonight on Fox Sports 1, 9.30pm.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Great interview. Loved it.
    Agreed, excellent stuff. Actually saw the fella himself down at Trumper Park last night (I guess the boys were at training) and gave him a howdy. He strikes me as quite shy in his own way, not a naturally outgoing person. Get the feeling there will be some aspects of the job he won't miss when he's gone.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Roos is much more demonstrative in the coaching role than I have ever noticed. He's giving it a real crack in his final year.

HP
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    If the Foxtel box is connected to your DVD player, you can. You need to watch Foxtel through your DVD player (select it on your TV remote), play the recorded program on your IQ and then record on to a disc or Hard Drive in your DVD player.
    Thanks Big AL. I have finally worked it out (with your help) after 3 months. I can see how to download and record off IQ2 to my HDD. I can now free up about 10 hrs of Jamie Oliver cooking episodes over Christmas. More space for footy!!!
    Last edited by Bas; 20th April 2010 at 06:05 PM.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post
    Roos is much more demonstrative in the coaching role than I have ever noticed. He's giving it a real crack in his final year.
    I was thinking about this after the spray he gave the backline during the Saints game. This was something that he had rarely done (if at all). However, I suppose that everything has its time and place. I get the feeling that Roos subscribes to the theory that publicly berating his players, while effective in the short term, has a limited effectiveness over the long term for any particular coach, and (as he suggested during the interview) can lead to the fracturing of relationships between player and coach.

Having announced this is his last year Roos no longer needs to nurture the relationships as much (that can be Longmire's job moving forward). All Roos has to do now is get the most out of the players each and every week - by whatever means necessary - as there are no long term consequences. Not that I expect Roos to explode every week, but he now has the option.

The interview was wonderful from beginning to end. It's a shame so many people in Sydney don't realise just how lucky we are to have a bloke like Roosy coaching their (our) team.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Anyone got a torrent for the kirk interview?
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

Opti-pessi-misti
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    it will be uploaded to aus.sierules.com tonight apparently.
    Um ... for the almost totally cyberistically ignorant, how do you actually download the torrent - if that's what you do when you click on 'download'???????? It doesn't work for me.

I'm pretty sure you need a P2P file sharing program. I use Ares but I'm sure someone will recommend a more common one.

Nerd alert!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    I'm pretty sure you need a P2P file sharing program. I use Ares but I'm sure someone will recommend a more common one.
    Thanks DA for info which takes me one step closer to that whole new world. Do I want to make the effort to get there - that is the question now. How good is Roosy's interview?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Thanks DA for info which takes me one step closer to that whole new world. Do I want to make the effort to get there - that is the question now. How good is Roosy's interview?
    A BF user has posted a few snippets from the interview

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Um ... for the almost totally cyberistically ignorant, how do you actually download the torrent - if that's what you do when you click on 'download'???????? It doesn't work for me.
    uTorrent

No-brainer, easily the most user friendly torrent download program.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast