Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans team vs Brisbane (OFFICIAL teams named)

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I can confirm that Ted for Craig is the only change this week.
    Hope, for his sake, he doesn't have to back into the hole (aka; Fevs knee) too often.....
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Didn't he have a shocker in the 2's last week. I thought they might have gone with Bevo, Pyke, Barlow or Veszpremi. This might be Turnover Ted's last chance. He'd better make the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    a deft pass or kick and we're on our way.
    Not Teddy's strength!
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    If you survived the Nick Davis threads I'm sure you'll make it.
    Unfortunately I see more parrallels than one there...
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post

I like how the Tele calls this Sat's game "the traditional grudge match". They're right that it's a match.
    I actually enjoy Lions vs Swans traditionally more than any other match - it's not because I don't like them.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    I actually enjoy Lions vs Swans traditionally more than any other match - it's not because I don't like them.
    Me too. And we've had some ripper games. I have rels in Bris so have been to a few up there. Great friendly crowd. And was there when Baz put us in front for the first time after the final siren - and when Willo sealed the game for us with a run down the guts when the Brions were building momentum. They won the Premiership though.

And there's always the Pineapple and singing the Swans song after till the locals leave.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by honour_the_name View Post
    Didn't he have a shocker in the 2's last week. I thought they might have gone with Bevo, Pyke, Barlow or Veszpremi. This might be Turnover Ted's last chance. He'd better make the most of it.
    Strange, I could swear that this is his first chance this year.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Me too. And we've had some ripper games. I have rels in Bris so have been to a few up there. Great friendly crowd. And was there when Baz put us in front for the first time after the final siren - and when Willo sealed the game for us with a run down the guts when the Brions were building momentum. They won the Premiership though.

And there's always the Pineapple and singing the Swans song after till the locals leave.
    Wonderful game in '05.
    Every so often we sit down for 4 final quarters of football from that season. That's the game that starts it off; I think you could guess what the others are!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I think you could guess what the others are!
    The holy trinity - the last quarters of the Cats, Saints and Weagles finals?

Quote Originally Posted by honour_the_name View Post
    Neither Bevo, Veszpremi or Barlow are third tall defenders and unlikely to provide any help in being third up to help LRT and Reg or take the resting ruckman.

Pyke maybe, but he has played 2 halfs in the backline at reserves level and has issue with kicking the football under pressure.

Unless they wanted to go specifically smaller and add another runner, they were never going to pick any of those mentioned above Ted.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Absobloodylutely!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Now I want to watch them again!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast