Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Frockers in game discussion

Regular in the Side
    Now all you redandwhiters who dont like the complaints about Bevan Playfair etc, Playfair was licky he was in the way for his goal it landed in his arms, done nothing since, as for Bevan no need to report. There are a few others also ROK has hardly got near it Pykey is trying to no avail, thank god for Jack. This just indicates what a "sh" job the selectors have done, I am beginning to think that Roosey was lucky to win the 2005 GF maybe Ross Lyon was the brains behind the team, Roosey should go back upstairs he may see things better. This as others have described is pathetic. Will be lucky not to loose by 10 goals.

Apparently BBB has had a brain explosion in the WB v BD game, sound scary, the commentators reckon they have never seen him that out of control.!

Pathetic is not the word for that, it was absymal. How about we actually try kicking it away from where Sandilands is. No run at all, and we have noone to kick it to when we are coming out of our own half. Just lucky Freo can't kick straight or we'd be 15 goals down by now.

Opportunistic Join Date Bob Neil's Avatar
    Haven't seen us in such poor form for a long time. Terrible disposals, great Freo defence.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    the absence of a meaningful centre half forward to give a contest is a stand out. Pike is doing reasonably well, midfield is battling, o'keefe again very quiet, goodes neither arthur nor martha kirk too quiet, in fact i can't think of one of our top players that is playing a winning game - on the other hand most of our fringe players doing pretty well.

The umpiring is a real sore point for me - it is so unbelievably bad - not really making much of an impact on the game in the sense that we are very much the second best team but it is so frustrating to see one team get scoring opportunities from bad umpiring.
    Or our poor play. On TV it looks like most of them are there.

And to think at the beginning of the season I thought our defensive line-up was as classy as I've ever seen. What has happened to our once great strength in this area of the game?
    up the guts

Senior Player
    I think we all saw enough in that half to stamp Bevan's papers - at least as a forward. He doesnt read the play well and has been beaten by his opponent a few times one on one.

TDL (if fit) would have to get a go soon you'd think. Hell, even LJ would give a better account as a forward, might be worth blooding him - even if he is not 'ready'.

Besides Goodes and Smith I can't think of anyone who is beating their opponent.

I can't see (or hear the game) at the moment - so is there anything the coaches can do - or is everyone down?

the grass isnt even nice to look at today
    Theres not much left to say

Freo are creating the loose man with ease through hard running. Whenever we get the footy we are forced to kick to a contest. That is the main difference IMO.

Oh, and why did we play Pyke? According to Roos we don't have anyone who can quell the influence of Sandilands so if that is the case then why would you a) play a ruckman at all or b) play a ruckman who gives you nothing around the ground

Amateur hour at the selection table this week.

its more the inconsistency. call one thing on one occasion and not the next.

the inability to hit targets started in the firts five minutes and hasn't improved. Has anyone seen a worse first five minutes - five kickouts ina row and not one got near the halfway line

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    I think we all saw enough in that half to stamp Bevan's papers - at least as a forward. He doesnt read the play well and has been beaten by his opponent a few times one on one.

TDL (if fit) would have to get a go soon you'd think. Hell, even LJ would give a better account as a forward, might be worth blooding him - even if he is not 'ready'.

Besides Goodes and Smith I can't think of anyone who is beating their opponent.
    Note to self: dont put L and J together - looks like a symbol.... Lewis Johnston. Would we be the first team with 3 Lewis's?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast