Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LJ ready for senior selection.

Blog Entries

Post LJ ready for senior selection.

almost!!

?He?s probably got senior selection within his sights now,? Maxfield told afl.com.au.

?What he needs to do is probably string three or four solid games together at reserves level.

?It?s really about consistency for Lewis, and then hopefully forcing his way into the senior side.?

Young Swan Johnston ready to show his wares - AFL.com.au

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Johnston, who is contracted with the Swans until the end of 2011, took some time adjusting to the training standards required at an AFL club but as he has lifted his workrate through the week, his results are starting to show.
    I found this part the most interesting. Its must be the 'Davis rule'. You have to try hard both on and of the field to be a chance of selection.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Pushing for Selection
    I myself can't wait for his debut.

Surely he could contribute as much now (if not more) as Playfair, and the potential upside of a KPP who is 19yo developing in the seniors would be exciting to watch.

Bring it on I say, much sooner than later!

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Brettb View Post

Surely he could contribute as much now (if not more) as Playfair, and the potential upside of a KPP who is 19yo developing in the seniors would be exciting to watch.

Totally agree! Spot on and I tried to start a similar thread to this! Wake up selectors! Playfair offers us nothing. I bet LJ kicks more goals than Playfair in his first match!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would love to see a sneaky selection for the trip to Adelaide... even if it's just to name his as an emergency so his name is in the record and folks in SA go "gosh, he's close!" as a nice little pat on the back for putting in the hard yards.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

On the Rookie List
    If he got a spot against Pt Adelaide down at Westlakes,I could see him exploding in his first game on familiar territory with the 90% of South Australians who hate the Power cheering him on!

playfair offers us plenty and will continue to for those who actually want to see it.

LJ is still a long term project but will be exciting if he stays injury free.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just as an aside, this came up as a query from Goody Stella when she spotted Maxfield doing his gameday duties as a runner; does anyone else think that his title as "Player Development Manager" as opposed to being an Assistant Coach comes partly down to not being able to have Coaching staff as runners? When Mummy came off at one point Maxy certainly was pumping him up a hell of a lot, and giving him further advice than I imagine he'd been asked to pass on.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    playfair offers us plenty and will continue to for those who actually want to see it.

LJ is still a long term project but will be exciting if he stays injury free.
    I'm with you on this. He mightn't be the bees knees but he can do a job in the absence of bradshaw.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Just as an aside, this came up as a query from Goody Stella when she spotted Maxfield doing his gameday duties as a runner; does anyone else think that his title as "Player Development Manager" as opposed to being an Assistant Coach comes partly down to not being able to have Coaching staff as runners? When Mummy came off at one point Maxy certainly was pumping him up a hell of a lot, and giving him further advice than I imagine he'd been asked to pass on.
    Spot on.

Maxfield's Free kick count: 2?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I want to see him on the field, and perhaps an opponent like Port would be a good way to go.
    On the other hand I do think Playfair is both structurally important and gives continuity and stability at present. Maybe save Lewis II for the Richmond game, after we play Collingwood.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Brettb View Post

Or we could bring him in early like Jack Watts and put his development back 18 months!

You don't develop players by giving them senior foobtall. They need to bbe ready and earn their spots and I trust the coaching staff to know when they think a player is ready for senior football.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast