Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AFL Canberra Round 10: Reserves v Queanbeyan

I've seen plenty of this from TDL being a Subiaco member myself over the years, he is a great lead up forward with very good leg speed also has great defensive pressure in the forward line, who would kick a 2 0r 3 each week most games in the AFL he'll just continue to pile up the goals in the substandard ressies comp getting bags of 5 6 7 etc.Pity he would really help Subiaco if he was here in Perth we miss him.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    SYDNEY SWANS Goal Kickers: T. DENNIS-LANE 7, H. PLAYFAIR 5, E. KRUGER 4, N. GORDON 2, K. EMERY 2, P. VESZPREMI 2, J. MOORE 2, D. MCNEIL , M. PICKEN , C. MCKAIGUE , B. MEREDITH , J. LYNCH , L. JOHNSTON
    Best Players: T. DENNIS-LANE, P. VESZPREMI, B. MEREDITH, K. THORNTON, H. PLAYFAIR, E. KRUGER
    Match Results

Regular in the Side
    i woulkd have thought Meridith was best with an all round performance, Vez great in first half tired though TDL also very good as was B Summner. This was first time up to see a reserves game and it wasnt a good time too one sided.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    i woulkd have thought Meridith was best with an all round performance, Vez great in first half tired though TDL also very good as was B Summner. This was first time up to see a reserves game and it wasnt a good time too one sided.
    Bet you wouldn't have minded if the firsts had been as one-sided in our favour as the ressies.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Reserves power to huge win - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club

Vezzy and TDL have gotta come into the 1's for mine. Been consistently in the bests for the last few weeks

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    Too be really frank. At the start of the year I was looking forward to a development / rebuilding year, exciting talents, Rohan, Jetta, White, Hanners, Bird, Vez, TDL, Meredith, Smith, Currie, Lewis J. Be competitive but make the finals. At the moment we don't seem that focussed on development, more on week to week competitiveness. I really hope they don't lose sight of giving these guys a go

Really want to see Lewis J & TDL given a go, we really need to develop some potential forwards
    Agree 100% We will not win a flag this year but we can set one up for later with judicious development of the players you mention.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by sWAns63 View Post
    I've seen plenty of this from TDL being a Subiaco member myself over the years, he is a great lead up forward with very good leg speed also has great defensive pressure in the forward line, who would kick a 2 0r 3 each week most games in the AFL he'll just continue to pile up the goals in the substandard ressies comp getting bags of 5 6 7 etc.Pity he would really help Subiaco if he was here in Perth we miss him.
    Don't you think,given the weakness of our forward line,it is amazing he can't get a game in the firsts?

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    Don't you think,given the weakness of our forward line,it is amazing he can't get a game in the firsts?
    He's coming off injury and some inconsistent form. The last three weeks he has been bagging goals, and he'll probably get a game. It's not so much a case of "he can't get a game" as "he hasn't quite had the consistency to get a game, but that seems to be changing".
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Opti-pessi-misti
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Thanks for the link UD, great details from Liz and Grimlock.
    A big thanks from me too. Great reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    Yes, totally agree I think we have used the ressies to get players who we want back in the team, fit and haven't payed much attention to new players perfomances only giving them a token game here and there. Best luck to TDL if he debuts this weekend he'll need to kick a couple every now and then to keep his spot.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Isn't it time we rewarded TDL, Meredith and Ves for their consistency and how about Johnston just to see how he goes. Goodes must go back into the midfield.

At one stage during the main game on Saturday night I was very tempted to yell (and I do have a voice that can be heard) "Bring the Reserves back on". But I refrained - the boys needed encouragement not denigration. I have now seen the last 5 Reserves' games and our future is looking pretty good, I think. The last game against Belconnen was as thrilling to watch as most firsts' games. Am very much looking forward to seeing them play Belco again next Sunday at Manuka.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast