Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Sydney V Richmond pre game thread (with teams)

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Thanks for the link M10 - again, a Swans story in the online edition that's not in the print edition...
    It is is the SMH but the title is "Change in the air as Swans try to recover winning ways".
    It is not quite as dramatic as "Young Swans hit for six in aftermath of loss to Pies"
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

My reading of the age article is that Kennelly, Moore and Playfair will come in for Jetta, White and Rohan. I would love to see TDL play though.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I read it as TDL, Meredith and Playfair will be the emergencies but with doubts over Bradshaw, Kennelly and Moore all of them are some chance of playing.

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    I think it can be safely assumed that TDL is in the 22 to play.DST
    Really? Not sure how you figure that.

Bradshaw, Kennelly, Moore, Playfair sound like they will all be picked ahead of him.

I hope Meredith plays. The kid was absolutely star-ing before injury got hold of him last year. If I recall correctly, he played the first 7-8 rounds last year before injury hit him. I came up for the round 4 game against Carlton last year on a Saturday afternoon at the SCG and the boy played an absolute blinder. one of our FEW players who can take a contested mark.

On the Rookie List
    @@@@ it is getting frustrating with bradshaw if he AGAIN doesnt make it through. WE NEED HIM IN THE TEAM!

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    I think it can be safely assumed that TDL is in the 22 to play.
    Unless you have some inside information, I don't how you could possibly get that out of that article.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Well after reading Roos comments in the SMH this morning.
    If Bradshaw doesn't get up, he's going with the "Playfair, Moore thing", as he puts it.
    I like Moore, but Moore (with a dodgy ankle) and Playfair together would have to be the slowest forward combination possible.
    If this eventuates, then the Tigers are a real chance.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Look on the bright side, if Braddy and Henry both play we will get goodsy in the mid for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Really? Not sure how you figure that.

Bradshaw, Kennelly, Moore, Playfair sound like they will all be picked ahead of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Unless you have some inside information, I don't how you could possibly get that out of that article.
    In fairness to DST, they posted before that article appeared, although I agree the vibe in the article certainly appears that TDL is anything but a shoo-in.

I have certainly not been on the 'give TDL a run' bandwagon up until now, simply because he had been injured and hadn't done nearly enough. His last month has been great however and he'd be VERY unlucky to miss this week given our forward line woes of present.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Moore deserves a run, if fit, on a 'horses for courses' policy. Richmond, while obviously improving, are still raw and inexperienced, and don't have the mature bodies of most of the other 15 sides. Their defence is liable to be swept aside if we have a hard attack on the ball on the ground in our forward 50, and the body, across 4 quarters. Jetta (to take an obvious example) can't exploit that weakness like Moore can.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Field Umpires:
    8. Brett Rosebury (8 wins 9 losses 1 draw = 44.4%)
    10. Shane Stewart (2 wins 1 loss = 66.7%)
    13. Stefan Grun (4 wins 2 losses = 66.7%)

(W/L records since 2005 R1)

Umpires in GREEN

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast