Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Swans V Lions: Pre Game Discussion

That is just ridiculous. Rohan slow? Totally incorrect, he's very quick. Inarguable that.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by maigu_ View Post
    rohan won't be the future of the swans ...

hannebery , jetta, kieran jack, mcveigh, trent dennis lane & malceski - swans future
    Absolute ridiculous comment, Rohan will be the best of that bunch in 3 years, mark my words....

don't get me wrong, he's a quick player - but slow by hand and foot ..... he still has a while to go .... at this stage .. hannebery and jetta & i will also put TDL ahead of rohan ...
    Dan Hannebery you absolute beauuuuutiie ~

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    and I suppose in this alternate universe Brett Kirk is lazy, Ben McGlynn is soft, Nick Malceski cannot kick and Trent Dennis-Lane is clumsy.

he looks like another ED BARLOW on the field ....... slow by foot and hands.
    You realise he's the bloke with the bright red hair right? Wears number 16? Not sure who you're watching, Maigu_.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Quote Originally Posted by GoSouth33 View Post
    Don't mind seeing Rohan as the sacrificial lamb. I have a lot of time for the young bloke, and I think he represents a big part of our future. But he can just bide his time and keep getting hungry. You know, he went to Perth as an emergency, came back on the midnight "red eye" flight, went down to Canberra, I think on the team bus, and played with the two's on the Sunday. He's doing a hard apprenticeship and it may be the making of him.
    Roos said a few weeks ago the plan was to move Rohan between the seniors and the ressies while he's still developing, so I guess he's just working the plan. Didn't know about the flights/bus - that is doing the hard yards all right. I thought I read the ressies were going down the day before though - can't remember where I read that though.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    I'm intrigued by Vez as emergency. It means either we're at rock bottom in reserves - and Roos wants Meredith to get some pre-finals game time - or Paddy has jumped through a few hoops since Roos' spray a few weeks back and is on the verge.
    Paddy was an emergency last week as well, so probably doesn't mean anything. I live in hope though - would like to see him come up, assuming he earns it.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    and I suppose in this alternate universe Brett Kirk is lazy, Ben McGlynn is soft, Nick Malceski cannot kick and Trent Dennis-Lane is clumsy.

Blasphemy. Next you'll be saying Daniel Bradshaw has skinny arms.
    Last edited by Kirkari; 27th August 2010 at 03:09 PM.

Senior Player
    Welcome to the site, maigu..just be aware that there are people here with VERY long memories. And they take delight in reminding people of earlier, maybe rash predictions. Not saying that your prediction is...ah, never mind!

You are quite entitled to your opinion of course but I think Gaz has been instructed to play a certain role in the Team, especially when he is half-back and learning. I'm sure the kid wants to make sure he makes the right decisions and from what I can see he hasn't had too many clangers, especially for a kid of 19. He did seem to pull up at times and slow play down when pushing down field but his decisions were mostly good - eg. hitting McVeigh as a target for a subsequent goal. When he is up front in the attacking forward line the speed of his feet and hands are up with the rest of them (as they clearly have been in the Ressies). You didn't see his goal against Fremantle on that rainy afternoon at the SCG back in Round 9?....Swans v Fremantle Round 9...or his 2nd goal in his 2nd game against the Dogs?......Swans V Dogs Round 8

Doesn't look too Cheesish to me.

he still has a while to go
    Indeed. Let's hope he is around at the Swans for a loooooong while.
    -

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    you have got to be joking! At least he has a go, Ed is as soft as ripe Brie
    Rohan has good skills atm, hopefully great by the end of next year.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    ... Paddy was an emergency last week as well, so probably doesn't mean anything. I live in hope though - would like to see him come up, assuming he earns it.
    My impression is that the club tends to use the emergency list as a way of letting the players named know that they are not far off, as well as its normal use of course. A bit of carrot to balance the stick.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast