Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Final: Eastlake v Sydney Swans Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Richards View Post
    Thanks for another excellent report, ugg.

AnnieH, I don't think there are any reserved seats at Manuka. There will only be a few hundred people at the game, so you pretty much sit where you want. The interchange is never in the sun - but around to the right there are seats near the interchange with the sun at your back in the first quarter. We usually move around with the sun.

Beware the rabid and loud Eastlake supporter who harangued Thornton throughout the last game at Manuka against Eastlake. Hard to concentrate on the game near him.

6 hour round trip for the Reserves - that's awesome.
    I love the ressies. They're all top little blokes.
    Hope the rabid one chooses to sit next to me.
    He'll only be rabid once ... trust me!!
    I'll rug up and bring a blankie (it IS Canberra, after all).
    I love the interchange ... I can clap and cheer and voice "encouragement" and they can hear me.
    (Let's face it ... they hear me from five stories up in the Brewongle!!)
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    As always, thanks or the informative and comprehensive preview and after game wrap up. As an interstater, it's really appreciated each week.

Great stuff as always ugg!

I think the key this week is the quality of player returning - Rohan, Reid, etc who have been a part of the team's success - and a nice firm track will help too!

Good luck to everyone who can get down there, can't myself, but ride them home for me, and I'll be there for the Grannie for sure!!

... another 1 point win will do just fine!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I was just told that you could bet on AFL Canberra matches, so I did a little digging around and found an online site

Prices for the Prelim Final
    Eastlake 1.72
    Sydney 2.00

yet betting for the flag
    Ainslie 1.55
    Sydney 3.70
    Eastlake 4.90

What the?

They have been playing pretty poorly of late Ugg ... very depleted team and all.
    I like that we go in as underdogs.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I was just told that you could bet on AFL Canberra matches, so I did a little digging around and found an online site

Eastlake 1.72
    Sydney 2.00

yet betting for the flag
    Ainslie 1.55
    Sydney 3.70
    Eastlake 4.90

What the?
    Does make some sense if punters think the Swans are more likely to get over Ainslee in the GF than Eastlake are, even if they are not favourites to win this weekend. Given how much the Swans squad varies from week to week it is not outlandish. Having said that, I doubt we'll get anyone back from injury next week, and if the seniors lose, TDL is possibly the only player who will qualify to play in the reserves GF. Oh, and Meredith as well, who won't be there this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

Eastlake 1.72
    Sydney 2.00

Canberra maths. Figures.
    yet betting for the flag
    Ainslie 1.55
    Sydney 3.70
    Eastlake 4.90

What the?
    Canberra maths.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Richards View Post
    Thanks for another excellent report, ugg.

Beware the rabid and loud Eastlake supporter who harangued Thornton throughout the last game at Manuka against Eastlake.
    Annie! Deal with the beast - how dare he harangue Krisso in his first game back this year!!
    Last edited by Primmy; 11th September 2010 at 12:08 AM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Appreciate the "Pre match Gee-up, Goss and other Guff" Ugg. I have a fresh feel of confidence heading into Sat's game. Just the quality of the few players we have back in the side, + Pottsey scholarship in, and a couple of handy Toppies, and for once other toppies that have played for 2's previously. Am hoping with the flexibility of rotating Currie, Emery & Reidy thru the ruck and fwds we actually create some versatility. Would love to see Sam in the ruck linking up with Dyl and Nippa - he has had a real connection with those two young guns in recent times! Basically it doesn't matter where he plays - he is solid and dependable. Heard the Nippa got a heap of it last week in the sludge and will need him to do it again - finish off the season well. Salivating at watching the Ranga have a cracker also. I just hope ALL senior players leave nuthin in the tank, and that they realise the feats of a couple of seasons ago are well and truely within their grasp !! Some might say its only the 2's, but between Taipan, Drew and the die hards that travel that freeway back and forth, it would be outstanding reward for the young swans that are to be our future! PS: those running the canteen, could you please have more than 2 steak sandwiches left in the larder when the crowd approaches at half time! THX
    *Forgot, Ugg, man who can do anything - 'numbers' for toppies before we jump on freeway Sat please?
    Last edited by grose40; 11th September 2010 at 12:19 AM.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I don't have the numbers for this week, but I can refer you to last week where most of the same toppies played

44. Lachlan Felsman
    50. Mal Fernie
    51. Kieran Emery
    52. Tim Cleaver
    53. Sam Trevillian
    56. Jerome Farrell

and Price wore 54 in one his past outings with the Reserves this year

I can pretty much confirm that the toppies tend to keep their numbers when they have a number of games, so that's a good call ugg.

Many thanks, will update our little homemade team list/program for the match. Cracker day, lets get behind our lads, here's hoping we have a dig and another dip at a G/F.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast