Thread: Stuart Dew appointed Assistant Coach

Stuart Dew appointed Assistant Coach

This is a great move, very happy he's staying with the club
    Swans make Dew assistant coach - AFL.com.au

awesome.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    In Dew
    Out Berbakov to saints

Means that there is still an assistant's spot and now a development coach's spot up for grabs

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    In Dew
    Out Berbakov to saints

Means that there is still an assistant's spot and now a development coach's spot up for grabs
    It's called the coaching chess board.

Welll I Never! Berba doesn't love us any more?

I like Stuart Dew = no nonesense.

And there is still a spot.....ooowaa
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Great news. A good first-up decision by Horse.
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

Veterans List
    I'm happy about Stewie but will miss seeing him on the field looking like he's about to take the next mark.

I'd really like to see us bring in some outside blood. I'm hoping the Swans team ethos is strong enough that we can get someone talented from another team just to stay in touch with what others are doing - there are certainly enough of our assistant coaches telling the rest of the competition what we are doing.

Incidentally, that used to be the way it worked with Ford and Holden. If you were regarded as a young talent, the company would suggest that you might like to get some experience "elsewhere" ie with the opposition, then "come back in a few years". It makes sense for coaching too. What team do you think we could learn from?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I'm happy about Stewie but will miss seeing him on the field looking like he's about to take the next mark.
    Wrong Stuey! Love watching "our" stuey running, and have a great deal of respect for the Other Stuey. OS....could be a good tag.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Wrong Stuey! Love watching "our" stuey running, and have a great deal of respect for the Other Stuey. OS....could be a good tag.
    Or XXOS ...
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    That's what you get for only half reading something. My apologies to all.

I'm glad Stewie M will still be staying fit on the field. And I welcome Stuey Dew as assistant coach. He seems to be both intelligent, upfront (he was the first to simply tell us Vez isn't working hard enough or fit enough for seniors), and certainly has shown he has the drive in the big events.

Good recovery GS. Well done.

Veterans List
    Good recovery GS. Well done.
    Fumbled the ball in the goalsquare but got boot to ball for an unlikely behind?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast