Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 draft talk (continuation thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Dogs make tough call on Hahn

Mitch Hahn delisted by the Dogs
    He's a bit light on for getting picked by the Swans. I think the Club has moved on in terms of retirement village.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Senior Player

Reece Conca

Lots of media tips that this kid may be our first pick...link is to a 7 minute interview which should tell us a lot about him, but the musical background makes it incomprehensible to me. If any of you have a solution, I'd love to have it. Vids are at rhs bottom of page 1.
    http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/
    Last edited by royboy42; 11th November 2010 at 04:45 PM.

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    I read today he's a chance to go the Eagles @ #4 so it seems hard to imagine he'll last till our first pick?

Regular in the Side
    why would we go for a midfielder when the worry is our backline particularly with worries with CB.
    Also should not this thread be part of drafing one.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    I read today he's a chance to go the Eagles @ #4 so it seems hard to imagine he'll last till our first pick?
    He may not last until our first pick, but I think there's little chance the Eagles will pick him up at 4.

Pretty sure we're not getting him. Copied from what I posted at BF:

All the talk has been that we are super keen on Recce Conca (WA midfielder/back), but here's an interesting development...http://www.foxsports.com.au/AFL/wa-d...site=FoxSports

This foxsports video that says Conca has been invited to be at the draft camp in person becasue he's one of the top 20 along with Jack Darling, Swallow and Bennell. We've got pick 21. Freo was very keen on him apparently too and they've got the pick before us (pick 20). Unless i've got this all wrong, if you put two and two together it seems like we've missed out on him and freo's nabbed him.
    Last edited by DLBIA14; 11th November 2010 at 06:42 PM.

rob eddy is an interesting player for us to consider...........I think he would suit Swans footy (well that is if we continue with similar style of play)

Eddy was consistently top 3 in the running group at Saints and has some experience ie 33 senior games......and can tag well..............i still worry that we have jude, rok and shaw all around 29 to 31........then Kennelly, C.Bolton,Mattner, Braddy all in their last year or two also....... they leave a big hole.........and GWS and Suns have first dibs at alot of talent......
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 11th November 2010 at 09:25 PM.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Strange decision by the Saints getting rid of Eddy. He will get snapped up before we get a chance.

According to this list released yesterday, the Swans have moved Jude from a veteran outside the list to a veteran inside the list - meaning we only have 4 spaces on the senior list. It's now a big mystery whether we will use pick 73 (or whatever it turns out to be after the GC compensation picks are utilised) or the PSD to fill the last spot. We might be looking to rookie Garry Moss rather than putting him on the main list as we have plenty of space on the rookie list, but not many on the senior list.

2011 club lists as they stand - AFL.com.au

The way that's written, does that mean we have to draft 11 players - 4 seniors and 7 rookies? Or is that just the maximum we possibly could?
    10100111001 ;-)

Maximum. We definitely have to fill 4 senior spots. We have 10 rookie spots because we're allowed to pre-select players who have resided in NSW for at least the past 3 years in addition to the 6 normal spots for each team. However, we've used this quite sparingly in the past 2 years - most likely due to the reserves restrictions on on-field playing numbers. We only pre-selected Dylan McNeil last year and none the year before that. However, in previous years we've selected guys like Aaron Bruce, Dean Terlich, Matt Beckmans, Adam Prior, Sam Rowe, Ed Barlow and of course most famously Kieren Jack. I think 2006 is the only year where we used the full quota of 9 rookies - Barlow, Currie (Paul), Garrubba, Jack, Phillips, Prior, Rowe, Simpkin and Wall

It will be interesting to see if the new NEAFL comp will change the Swans thinking on the rookie list numbers.
    Last edited by ugg; 12th November 2010 at 12:17 AM.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast