Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reserves to play in the NEAFL

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    While fixing up my error, I noticed that the 3 times GWS are drawn to play us, it occurs after a bye for them (including a huge 2 week bye first time round!). Is this a possible case of draw tampering by the AFL who may want to assist the Giants onfield in order to spice up what is still an inchoate rivalry? If so, little do they know that a study of the NFL has shown that teams that come off a week's rest lose more often than they win. Of course the Swans's (seniors) record after a bye has been terrible, given in recent times, we've played in the second week of the split round against Collingwood!

*takes off conspiracy theory hat*
    Aren't GWS due to be competing in that new state league competition the AFL has created this season? In which case, what look like byes for them might mean they aren't actually resting.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Aren't GWS due to be competing in that new state league competition the AFL has created this season? In which case, what look like byes for them might mean they aren't actually resting.
    Ah yes I forgot about that. According to this unofficial draw http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/ar...ague-fixtures/

they are provisionally drawn to play Williamstown away on the 30th April. Given it is a knockout competition, and Williamstown should be one of the stronger teams in the competition given they were minor premiers last year, I can't see GWS progressing past this fixture.

That draw may not be accurate or final though, given it has listed East Coast v Woodville West Torrens as the curtain raiser to our Round 8 game against Port Adelaide, which would clash with our Reserves game against the GC Reserves as listed in the NEAFL draw.
    Last edited by ugg; 1st January 2011 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    As usual Ugg, very impressive. Whilst most were out pickling themselves, your dedication at 1:58am is beyond comparison.
    More proof - as if it were needed - that Ugg is actually an elaborate Turing Test*. Making a joke about "deliberate errors" was a nice touch, Ugg - almost human.

*Turing test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by ShockOfHair; 1st January 2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: New Year hangover
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Veterans List
    Stunning work Ugg and hugely appreciated by myself and I'm sure by all other RWO?rs.

Been thinking I might travel to a few interstate games this year and your table makes it easy to earmark those that have our ressies in action before the main game so I get a full day Swannie fix.

Cheers Ugg

Thanks ugg Much appreciated.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Richards View Post
    Thanks ugg Much appreciated.
    One downer I should have mentioned was the lesser number of games that can be watched by Canberrans. There's only going to be 6 plus whatever finals we end up qualifying for. On the other hand it does give our Queensland based fans a chance to watch the ressies running around

On the Rookie List
    wish they had put our first match against gws at anz against collingwood...i know it probably would steal the limelight but would help promote the game i reckon...sheeds could start a war of words about the real game starting 2 hours earlier etc. who wouldnt come out to see folau go around etc..

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    While fixing up my error, I noticed that the 3 times GWS are drawn to play us, it occurs after a bye for them (including a huge 2 week bye first time round!). Is this a possible case of draw tampering by the AFL who may want to assist the Giants onfield in order to spice up what is still an inchoate rivalry? If so, little do they know that a study of the NFL has shown that teams that come off a week's rest lose more often than they win. Of course the Swans's (seniors) record after a bye has been terrible, given in recent times, we've played in the second week of the split round against Collingwood!

*takes off conspiracy theory hat*
    I've actually often wondered why we always play Collingwood in the second week of the split round... hope this is the year we finally beat them!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123