Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Jed Lamb, Luke Parker, Alex Johnson, Matthew Spangher

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    That's what I would have said of one R Shaw after watching him in a Grand Final. A few years later he's runner up in the Swans B&F. He may be our next Chambers or the recruiters have done due diligence and see something in him we don't. Maybe it's the same thing the Hawks saw?
    Ahhh...the eternal optimist lives on.....

We have a very good record for recycling players and improving them, but I just can't see how we will do that with Spangher. I've seen a lot of his WAFL games over the past 3 years and while he is OK at blanketing key forwards and is a good spoiler of the ball, he is absolutely terrible when he has possession of it. Just cannot kick or make quick decisions. I'm happy to be proved wrong but I don't think I will be - I think he's a spud of the highest order.

The other 3 look promising. Lamb is an outside mid, Parker is an inside mid. Johnson gives us plenty of KP depth now. We are pretty well covered in this area now.

Overall a good draft which has given us a few more promising youngsters to add to our current group of promising youngsters. We have depth everywhere now. However I just found Spangher a really strange decision.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    More on Lamb

Article on his tragic personal history regarding the murder of his dad: Lamb's drafting a story of immense courage
    Article from June, talking about his transition to a forward (involves a Butcher!) This Lamb's not so sheepish

Article from May on Johnson - Skipper's example inspires Chargers' Alex Johnson | Herald Sun

Based on their weight alone, Lamb and Parker could probably play seniors next year. Johnson will be a longer-term option (although we said the same about Reid) and of course the mature Spangher will play if required.

I agree re Spangher lets wait and see..........sometimes players get their mojo later and he is only 22/23 ?

I worried about Kennedy coming to us.......he had some shocka's at the Hawks in his few 13 games or so..........remember when he was in an open goal and stuffed the pass to Franklin.......its like Youtubes fav dumb ass AFL stuff up............and he stuffed numerous kicks in games and sometimes hand passed to no one.......plus he just looked lost out there if he wasnt in the middle of the pack fighting for the ball
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    More on Lamb

Article on his tragic personal history regarding the murder of his dad: Lamb's drafting a story of immense courage
    Article from June, talking about his transition to a forward (involves a Butcher!) This Lamb's not so sheepish

Article from May on Johnson - Skipper's example inspires Chargers' Alex Johnson | Herald Sun

Based on their weight alone, Lamb and Parker could probably play seniors next year. Johnson will be a longer-term option (although we said the same about Reid) and of course the mature Spangher will play if required.

TDL, Jetta, Rohan, Bird, Moore, Meredith, Heath will all be fighting for a job in the 22 but I think Parker and Lamb are mature physically and will put pressure on............Parker especially if we get a couple midfield injuries
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 19th November 2010 at 07:57 AM.

Haven't seen anything to get excited about Spangher except two thoughts.......1.....Eagles played him very young for a KP - he can't have been completely useless.....2......The Eagles have had a toxic set-up ever since Worsfold took over so any refugee from there may well not have been treated properly.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Saw Parker play for Langwarrin firsts in the MPFL in 2009 and he was amazing.Easily BOG.This boy can seriously play.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Completely agree - his performance at the SCG this year was one of the most embarrassing I've seen from an AFL player. And now he's a Swan...sad face.
    Spangher spanked us a few years ago. May have been the Hall sparring game.

Spangher seems to be happy to be heading or way, even if there seems to be a lack of love for the bloke at the moment

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/n...8/default.aspx

Veterans List
    "So I'm just looking for a fair go, that's all I can ask for."

sounds a little bitter but he has had two tough years of trying to trade away from WC

Would have liked to hear him say "I have a new opportunity.........to compete for a spot in the starting line up........and to say I am excited...... is an understatement"
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 19th November 2010 at 09:19 AM.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Re Spangher - I was impressed with in an early game on BBBH - got beaten on the day but showed he had some ability.

Wasn't daunted by the big guy, did his job and that must have been about 4 - 5 years ago.

Don't think the Eagles let him settle properly into the role.

As far as skills go - remember one Andrew Dunkley turned into a champion fullback (no I'm not saying Matt will be annother Dunks), could kick over a jam tin. Always looked for a handball, so perhaps Matts' role will be to take a tall forward and bring the ball to the ground. Possible pick up if B2 is not able to come up after his achillies injury.
    sprite

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast