0 0%
  • 1 - Room for improvement

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Rate the Season: #25 Ted Richards

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    So he had a better season than Grundy?
    Show me where I said Richards had a better season than Grundy. I'm just refuting your statement that Ted is supposedly a 'clanger merchant' - the numbers clearly demonstrate that he has less clangers than his teammates who play in the same or similar positions. Go back and look at past seasons and you will see it's not a one-off either.

But since you bring it up, in the half season that he played in the seniors he had was just as good as Grundy. I don't recall him being beaten convincingly and the main reason I would mark him below Reginald is that he would have lined up against the 2nd or 3rd opposition tall forward as opposed to Grundy taking the main threat.
    Last edited by ugg; 18th January 2011 at 09:38 PM.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Will always be known as "Turnover Ted"...
    Only one incident in this thread, you don't even use it in your other two posts.

Stats are only so people like you look at them and think gees... Teddy's having a good year. Whereas if you knew anything about footy, and actually watched the game, you'd recognise him for the clanger merchant he is.
    ...No. But stats aren't everything.
    Whereas generalisations and insults are sure to prove your point?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Looks like Ted Bear has some defenders on his side, and fairly eloquent ones at that. Never knock that young man. He perhaps is not the greatest player on the list, but he is by noo means the worst. I do believe Goodsey dropped a ball once. Braddy left one behind too. Peb even missed a kick for goal, if my memory serves me right. I could go on, but the argument is not worth the candle. We, the Ted Bear Appreciation Society, have greater numbers and it would seem a bit more common sense.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I bagged Ted relentlessly in the past and prayed that he would be delisted.

I am man enough to now admit that he is a more than capable footballer - thought he was near faultless last season and, FWIW, was a better neutralizer than Reg of the oppositions key forwards.

Sydney Swans - Finals bound in 2011

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Only one incident in this thread, you don't even use it in your other two posts.

Whereas generalisations and insults are sure to prove your point?

No. Just a better knowledge of football than you is enough to do that.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Show me where I said Richards had a better season than Grundy. I'm just refuting your statement that Ted is supposedly a 'clanger merchant' - the numbers clearly demonstrate that he has less clangers than his teammates who play in the same or similar positions. Go back and look at past seasons and you will see it's not a one-off either.

But since you bring it up, in the half season that he played in the seniors he had was just as good as Grundy. I don't recall him being beaten convincingly and the main reason I would mark him below Reginald is that he would have lined up against the 2nd or 3rd opposition tall forward as opposed to Grundy taking the main threat.
    Did you bother comparing the volume of possessions that Turnover had Vs Grundy? Did you take into consideration in your wisdom that he was playing against the 3rd or 4th best fwd in comparison to Grundy when you started spruiking stats to demonstrate what a marvel Turnover has been?

I didn't think so.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Did you bother comparing the volume of possessions that Turnover had Vs Grundy? Did you take into consideration in your wisdom that he was playing against the 3rd or 4th best fwd in comparison to Grundy when you started spruiking stats to demonstrate what a marvel Turnover has been?

I didn't think so.
    Okay let's bring that stat into play. Richards averaged 14.3 possessions and 1.0 clangers meaning 7.1% of his touches were clangers. Grundy had 20.3 touches and 2.0 clangers for a percentage of 9.9%. So again Ted comes out on top

As for your second point, if you had bothered to read my post, I did acknowledge that Ted did play on the 2nd or 3rd forwards. In any case, the quality of the forward has little to do with how many turnovers the defender has with the ball in hand.

But RP please do not let facts get in the way of your grudge.
    Last edited by ugg; 19th January 2011 at 09:34 AM.

Ted did a good job for us last year and I can't think of too many occassions where he made critical errors. He's not in our best 22 but he is a good replacement when the inevitable injuries occur.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Looks like Ted Bear has some defenders on his side, and fairly eloquent ones at that. Never knock that young man. He perhaps is not the greatest player on the list, but he is by noo means the worst. I do believe Goodsey dropped a ball once. Braddy left one behind too. Peb even missed a kick for goal, if my memory serves me right. I could go on, but the argument is not worth the candle. We, the Ted Bear Appreciation Society, have greater numbers and it would seem a bit more common sense.
    I'll sit on Primmy's bench with this one.

6. Did a really important job when we needed him. Never going to be a gun because he makes poor decisions too often. Handy depth player, as he showed in the back half of the year.

Gets a point deducted for that overrated blog.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Gets a point deducted for that overrated blog.
    !!
    10100111001 ;-)

7 - good season.

reigning premier gets an 8 for making a fool of themselves in this thread. Well done.
    -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast