Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Indigenous All Stars vs. Richmond Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    ......there are fantasy footballers here to be judged!
    Did anyone notice C Bolts is only $160.000.00 on DreamTeam. Shhhh don't tell anyone.............

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    No one posted this piece of gold by LOL Bolt yet?

Whose side am I on then? | Herald Sun Andrew Bolt Blog

LOL
    Why is that Gold?

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    Why is that Gold?
    Because the only way to read Andrew Bolt without wanting to put a bullet through your (or his) head is to read it as comedy.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Spot on BSA5, have a +1
    -

Senior Player
    Whilst I never agree with Andrew Bolt's views, I usually at least know what he's saying - with this one, I have no idea...
    Seriously, what is he trying to get at?

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    whilst i never agree with andrew bolt's views, i usually at least know what he's saying - with this one, i have no idea...

x2

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Whilst I never agree with Andrew Bolt's views, I usually at least know what he's saying - with this one, I have no idea...
    I suspect some nonsense about the "war dance", the role of violence in historic indigenous culture (as if they were different from everyone else) and a connection between that and violence in sport. Just a guess.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

He's trying to say that the whole thing is (reverse) racist. Basically saying that this dance, and the whole concept of the indigenous game, pits whites against aboriginals.

Now, if this was a match whose result meant something, if an all-indigenous team was entered into the competition, then yes, that would be alarming (on all sides). But it is a friendly match, a celebratory match, played in the spirit of co-operation, not competition. The dance, from what I understand, has not been "invented before our eyes and bitten tongues", but is an incorporation of/reference to any number of traditional indigenous dances. While yes, there is an element of contrivance to it, and it has certainly been influenced by the success of the haka(s), does it really matter? The game, including this dance, is a celebration of indigenous culture, which is a hugely varied and complex beast. A bit of simplification, a bit of contrivance, is both necessary and appropriate.

Basically, Bolt needs to chill the @@@@ out. It's all a bit of fun.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Oakley-Nicholls and Sumner cut from the squad of 32. Perhaps that was why Uncle Byron was given the opportunity of leading the war cry?

Squad will be trimmed further tonight, not sure to how many exactly but Richmond's squad has 28 players.

No Sumner? Weak.
    -

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    No Sumner? Weak.
    Stings doesn't it? Surprised they kept the 2 GWS kids ahead of him but oh well I guess Micky O knows best

Goes up to 11
    No Sumner? Weak.
    Would have been good, but in reality he still has a bit of work to do before he mixes it with the big boys. I look forward to seeing him as we go deep into the NAB cup, but in reality he'll be starting the season in the ressies and making his way from there. From what I saw of him last year he has the goods, but he still had a bit of work to do on his body - I would expect that he'll make the Indigenous Allstars team in 2012 and hopefully well beyond that.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast