Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 3 - Swans v. West Coast Game day thread

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Everitt forward seems logical (in hindsight). He's not a great decision maker in defence..lacks confidence...looks much more assured and confident up forward.
    ...and if nothing else, kicks straight. His first goal could barely have been under any more pressure and sailed perfectly over the goal scumps hat, as did his last kick, although obviously not the same pressure cooker situation.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veterans List
    I thought Alex Johnson played a terrific game for a first game. He was up against tough, strong and seasoned bodies down back and did some great spoils. Has plenty of courage and mostly made good decisons. What I liked about him was he was almost always right next to his man and had really good touch and feel on his opponents (settle down you lot) which enabled him to always be in the contest. What a surprise packet and genuine bonus to the team.

Veterans List
    My low light of the night was "the Captain's point". McVeigh may have been tagging (hard to tell on TV because there were bodies everywhere) but when he had the ball he was terrible. I bet he breathed a sigh of relief when the final siren went.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    Yep, it's on every week 10am, 7mate.
    It's been on Prime here on the CEntral Coast for years even though it wasn't on 7. Foxtel used to show it on 7two (Foxtel 127) but have had nothing this year on those to.

Will be looking forward to watching it tomorrow after tonight.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Awesome win tonight,and not sure why so many question the team with minutes to go,surely weve seen enough of these games to know we just dont give in.I too was bemused by some of Mcveighs game tonight,it's always heart in mouth stuff for me when he gets it,im still unsure if he is captain material myself and was mightily surprised that Rok didnt get the nod ahead of him.

On the rise
    Mumford's effort tonight was Herculean. How long can he keep this up?

Veterans List
    Make no mistake, bloody difficult to win in Perth at any time. Fantastic courage shown to come back and win, particularly given the non contributions by McVeigh and O'keefe. Like previous games, our disposal needs to improve.

Mummy was a rock, Bolton inspirational, Goodes is a champion, that was Whites best game he does things a guy his size shouldn't be able to do, Rohan's best game too he does things that makes me think he will be a superstar, Johnson was very good and composed for an 18yo playing his first game and will start next week, play Everitt forward from now as he is a difficult match up and decision making is less critical fwd, Smith is becoming a key player, Kennedy continues to be one of the best trades in history!

My red and white blood is still pumping - go Swans!

Thanks to the Perth Swans... Real atmosphere in a harsh environment.
    Must have been a great night in Perth

Quote Originally Posted by 31 hard at it View Post
    Thanks to the Perth Swans... Real atmosphere in a harsh environment.
    Must have been a great night in Perth
    Wish I could go out and really enjoy the win but have to be at the airport at 5 in the morning. Was a good atmosphere at the ground and it felt so good to get the win particularly when the rubbish spouting from a couple of weagles fans stopped very abruptly!

That was amazing, first game I've been able to attend in ages and WOW!

I don't understand the "If that was Collingwood...etc etc" type comments, we already know Collingwood are much better than we are and yes they would have beaten us. Tonight we played West Coast and fully deserved that victory.

@@@@ I love this club!

Congrats to AJ on a solid first up game. Welcome back to Rhyce Shaw, Craig Bird and JPK and well done Swannies on a typical Swans win.

Quality win tonite while it's obvious we still have some issues (ball use, need another tall defender) the signs look good for a very competitive year. bring on the cats!!!