Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Teddy gets offerred a week for rough conduct - CLEARED

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Motlop sounds like he will miss with injury and he's not a player you'd play Ted on anyway. Nor is Gray. If they both do play you'd think Rhyce and Smithy would get those jobs. Westhoff is very hot and cold but when he's on he is dangerous. I suspect Reg would be first choice to play on him but if they are worried by Westhoff's height, the obvious solution is to bring LRT back a week earlier than they otherwise might. Reg, if not on Westhoff, can take Ebert, and we still have Marty and Johnson plus Johnston waiting in the wings if needs be.

Still, would much rather have Ted out there. He's been our rock this year.
    Well I doubt he would have been dropped so he would have taken one of these I imagine (he had a "small" forward at some point last week didn't he?). My point was that despite struggling this year, on paper (oh stop it...), Port actually have a bit of offensive firepower.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sorry WHAT?????
    Could some tell me when exactly this happened. I've watched the replay and can't work it out. Tell me it's not that stupid push?

On the Rookie List
    I'm struggling to see the difference to Johncock's bump on Riewoldt a week earlier and Teddy's. Johncock got nothing an Riewoldt didn't come back on. Yet Gilbee plays on and Teddy gets a week the MRP is a joke

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Sorry WHAT?????
    Could some tell me when exactly this happened. I've watched the replay and can't work it out. Tell me it's not that stupid push?
    There's a video of all MRP incidents on the front page of the afl.com.au

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Ugg. I don't remember that at all.

I remember the bump. The commentators at the time said there was nothing in it. My recollection is that it wasn't even deemed worthy of a free kick. To get a week for that would be an absolute joke. Not only was the contact unavoidable, but it makes the umpire look like a goose for not giving a free when he was, in fact, correct all along.

We'll probably accept the week but we should fight it. There was absolutely nothing wrong with what Richards did IMO.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Gilbee was running directly away from me, so that is the first time I have seen the actual contact. Seriously, that is not suspension worthy in the least...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

What a load of rubbish, a week for that is just unbelievable.

If I was Ted's legal rep I would argue

Ted peeled off his man to attack the loose ball
    He expected Gilbee to take possession but whe Gilbee knocked the ball on, Ted slowed up and all he did was brace for contact given the momentum of both players.
    If he wanted to really hurt Gilbee, he wouldn't have slowed down and could have really done some damage

On the Rookie List
    Yes it's the inconsistency that is incredibly annoying. Last year Dawson knocked Kennelly into the middle of next week, probably deliberately given his recent exploits, but at least negligently, and nothing happened to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I remember the bump. The commentators at the time said there was nothing in it. My recollection is that it wasn't even deemed worthy of a free kick. To get a week for that would be an absolute joke. Not only was the contact unavoidable, but it makes the umpire look like a goose for not giving a free when he was, in fact, correct all along.

We'll probably accept the week but we should fight it. There was absolutely nothing wrong with what Richards did IMO.
    A free kick was paid, but I can't remember if the Dogs decided to play on or not but a free kick was paid for the bump.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post

A free kick was paid, but I can't remember if the Dogs decided to play on or not but a free kick was paid for the bump.

DST

Trengove offered two weeks - AFL.com.au

About 61 seconds in.

No free kick was paid, you can see the controlling umpire Meredith right in the centre of the picture and he doesn't make a signal.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast