Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: seaby

Pushing for Selection

seaby

so what is the story with seaby? even with pyke out injured he cant get a game. i reckon if i was seaby's cat and the hyphenator came on tv rucking again i would head far far away...
    messianic game-thieving, god like, fried chicken eater

Blog Entries
    Fair Qn, Mr Un Happy.
    And for that matter, Where is Currie at??

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Yes, until Pyke is back (and I imagine that might be through the reserves) Seaby is the obvious one to give us a target down front and swap jobs with Mummy. Everitt can ride shotgun and can be useful when he does, but he's not a key forward.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Pushing for Selection
    Has anyone thought that Seaby is actually better than Pyke???!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Fair Qn, Mr Un Happy.
    And for that matter, Where is Currie at??
    I spotted (pretty hard not to spot him) Mr Currie outside the ground while waiting to get into Gate C. He seemed very happy and jovial surrounded by a bunch of really good looking people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
    Probably Seaby. And Mrs Seaby.
    Last edited by ugg; 23rd May 2011 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
    No... Pyke earned his spot in the Seniors ahead of Seaby with better form in the Reserves.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Yes, until Pyke is back (and I imagine that might be through the reserves) Seaby is the obvious one to give us a target down front and swap jobs with Mummy. Everitt can ride shotgun and can be useful when he does, but he's not a key forward.
    So there is no hope for White at FF then?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    White is the great enigma of this team. We all want him to do well, cos we've seen what he is capable of.
    Yet we fear he isn't the real thing!. But our nightmares see him off to GWS or elsewhere and becoming a champion!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    I have been a strong White supporter and I still think he has all the attributes of a fearsome full forward, but I've had to admit that he goes missing too often and that his occasional brilliance is both inadequate and frustrating - a bit like watching Goodes but more so. Perhaps the club can help him turn things around by giving him lots of time in defence in the twos, chasing the better full forwards and maybe getting a better idea of what is required. My main fear is that he will leave/be traded, play for another club and discover his potential; if he did, he could be every bit as damaging as Buddy or Jack Riewoldt. Unfortunately it doesn't look as if it will happen with us.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

the difference is mental i feel for White............if bloody Lynch can play as well as he is for West Coast then anyone can.......................Lynch is probably the most unco FF I have seen for a long time but he is playing with so much commitment that things are going his way !

I also felt though it was a bit of a Melbourne 2010 game yest ..............the loss that helps you turn a corner !!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

[QUOTE=Auntie.Gerald;

I also felt though it was a bit of a Melbourne 2010 game yest ..............the loss that helps you turn a corner !![/QUOTE]

The same thought occurred to me, hopefully not blind optimism on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    White is the great enigma of this team. We all want him to do well, cos we've seen what he is capable of.
    Yet we fear he isn't the real thing!. But our nightmares see him off to GWS or elsewhere and becoming a champion!
    Yep couldn't agree more, thats why is so important to put game time into him, he will never become a good FF till he always plays against the best FB of the league...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast