Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 10 v Roos (LJ to debut!)

Changes for Rnd 10 v Roos (LJ to debut!)

We need players who can kick goals.

In: TDL, White, Seaby
    Out: Bird, Johnson, Parker

Johnson - unlucky but LRT is ahead of him as the 3rd tall backman

Forward line to look like:

TDL White Everitt
    McGlynn Reid ROK

Seaby/Mummy, Goodes and Shaw to be other options used up forward.

I think LJ surely deserves a crack now to!
    Swannies for life!

No to White and give Parker a full game. Agree on Seabs and TDL to come in. Jetta to Sub.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    I think LJ surely deserves a crack now to!
    I agree. Who cames out for him though? Everiit? Reid?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I agree. Who cames out for him though? Everiit? Reid?
    Definitely Everitt out for LJ (as he can play frwd or back too). Reid is one who will blossom if he is not taking the number 1 fullback each week, he simply does not have the body strength.
    Swannies for life!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    If I were to bring LJ, I'd keep Everitt in there to allow LJ to get a lesser defender. But I can't squeeze him into my proposed side.

Parker will either be the sub for the third week in a row, or more likely drop back to the ressies to regain match fitness. Longmire's comments about Jetta in the post match press conference weren't very complimentary so he might be in the firing line as well. We're severely lacking pace in the midfiield as it is so we can't really afford to drop him, and unfortunately the two main reserves candidates in this regard either didn't play the last match (Sumner) or have been below par for most of the year (Meredith)

Another factor to take into account are that the two sides (seniors and ressies) will be playing at the same time so there will be 1-3 emergencies in Melbourne who will unfortunately miss out on another week of football.

In: TDL, Seaby
    Out: AJ, Parker

I don't think you can blame Longmire for all the actual mistakes the players made today.

For years everyone wanted Roos to blood youngsters. Longmire is now doing it and we just need to accept that there will be good and bad weeks - that includes Everitt.

I might force to watch the game again this week to see how different it looked on telly.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Just remember Rohan giving me a death stare, walking past, when I was giving boos at 3qt time.

Hahaha
    -

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    If we are going to get rolled we may as well give Lewis J and Parker a run, plus give Meredith a run. TDL must get a forward role if he's fit and Seaby gets a go. If LRT is not needed in defence then don't play him, else put him in the backs. Jed Lamb appears a natural goal sneak so give him a subs run.
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

in seaby or white or currie- a second ruck option, johnson, tdl

out johnson, jetta, and im undecided as i want to see parker play a full game, but i think we have too many similar players. Perhaps reid needs a rest?

Perhaps even just go the two changes and get a ruck and tdl in.
    Theres not much left to say

Regular in the Side
    In: Seaby LJ TDL Parker (Fullgame)
    Out: Jetta (needs a couple of confidence games), Bird,

Keep AJ in the backline, run Mal in the forwards....

Changes minimal. The reason we got rolled wasn't our forwardline, it was our midfield. Kennedy and McVeigh fell asleep after a good start, Bird was tagging Mitchell and they negated each other, Jude tried hard but things weren't working, and LRT and a tired Mumford couldn't compete in the ruck as effectively as we're used to. Our midfield has runs on the board, so I don't think dropping them is going to do much.

The only change could be Seaby in, Johnson out, LRT to the backline. Tough on Johnson but its a tough unit to crack. Parker could maybe make way to get some good reserves time too, but that's for Longmire to decide.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast