Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Horse's hands on the reigns

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GoRhino View Post
    It wasn't what you would call a masterstroke but playing LRT deep on Merrett had a numbing effect on the Lions attack. Longmire can take some pride from the match plan and showed that he has some savvy when it comes to footy strategy. A good all round effort against the Lions with nearly all players performing. Sometimes it's a strategic decision made by the Coach that can make the difference. A good sign for the future.
    Tagging a defender.
    Good ploy.

Boy did Merrett struggle.
    Probably had no idea how to play on LRT.

Does Horse have the Horsepower?

After half a season what do people think of how the coaching panel is performing? Are we more of the same or are we adapting to the modern trends?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sfan View Post
    After half a season what do people think of how the coaching panel is performing? Are we more of the same or are we adapting to the modern trends?
    I reckon he adapted pretty well on Saturday night.
    Took the game right up to the pies. And still had time for a lolly or two.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by sfan View Post
    I like him, i reckon we will be one of the top teams again in a couple of years.
    I think the only thing that i would criticize him for is everitt as sub the amount of times he has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Kirk View Post
    I like him, i reckon we will be one of the top teams again in a couple of years.
    I think the only thing that i would criticize him for is everitt as sub the amount of times he has been.
    Considering his 2 power forwards at the start of the year haven't panned out this year and the fact he had to emerge from an the enormous shadow of Roos I think he's done a remarkable job. Not everyone is going to agree with every decision he's made but I think most will concede that we are heading in the right direction.

I am quite excited about where this team will be at in a couple of years.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    I dont get why Roosey , as much as I admire him, still sits in the coaches box next to Horse, when he is now a media commentator, OTC, game day commentator at other games...
    Longmire is now the coach. Time for Roos to clear out and allow Longmire to organise the troops in in own way without the mentor at his elbow.

HP
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post
    I dont get why Roosey , as much as I admire him, still sits in the coaches box next to Horse, when he is now a media commentator, OTC, game day commentator at other games...
    Longmire is now the coach. Time for Roos to clear out and allow Longmire to organise the troops in in own way without the mentor at his elbow.

HP

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I haven't seen the replay but are you sure it was Roosy?! He's deliberately tried to keep away as you've suggested.

Suspended by the MRP
    Prob got mixed up thinking one of our assistants looked like roosy..roosy has a typical face.

Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post

HP
    Be stunned if true.

Could Leigh Tudor look like Roosy from afar with a few under your belt??
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Veteran Site Admin
    Roos has been in the commentary box for several of our games, and is currently overseas. So he certainly hasn't been in the box for those games (including Saturday's) and would be flabbergasted if he had been in there at all this season.

Goes up to 11
    Roosy has been nowhere near the coaches box at any stage this season....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast