Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Season draw

Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    Before the gets out of hand it's:

Launceston and it pronounced Lon-ceston not Lawn-ceston.

Ok I feel better.

Lol, if you're going to correct people at least make sure you get it right.

It's pronounced "In-ceston".
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    I hope this game doesn't count in the few we Melbourne members get with our membership. Going to Kardinia Park is bad enough!
    Sorry..... didn't mean to imply Launceston was a bad place to visit (I've visited Tassie heaps of times and love it there) I just don't want to have any less games to attend in Melbourne. At a pinch we can only manage one interstate trip per year and I don't want to waste it on a Melbourne based team.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I hear our bye is in Round 12.

NAB Cup draw
    Bracketed with Geelong and St Kilda @ Etihad on Friday 24th Feb
    GWS draw Collingwood and Western Bulldogs @ Blacktown Olympic Park on Saturday 18th Feb.

There's also a match scheduled at Castle Hill (apparently a 'regional centre' ) against North Melbourne on Saturday 3rd March

Senior Player
    There's also a game to be played on the weekend of the grand final (16th to the 18th of March), since we presumably won't be in the actual GF.

Given that the Giants are supposed to play a pre-season game in Canberra, my money would be on Giants v Sydney at Manuka for that weekend.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I doubt they would want a Giants-Swans matchup in the pre-season to take away any glamour from the Round 1 clash. I'm assuming that that is the reason why we weren't bracketed with GWS at Blacktown.

Clarifying the North Melb game, the AFL article said Castle Hill (http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/defa...=Google+Reader) but the draw says Bruce Purser which is in Kellyville (http://www.afl.com.au/nabcup/fixture...7/default.aspx)

Full draw for Swans
    Friday 24th Feb 6.40pm Etihad - Geelong, St Kilda, Sydney Swans (Broadcast on FOX)
    Saturday 3rd Mar 2.40pm Bruce Purser - Sydney Swans v North Melbourne (No broadcast)
    Friday 9th Mar 6.10pm Etihad - Essendon v Sydney Swans (Broadcast on FOX)
    TBC a match on 16 Mar - 18 Mar

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    There's also a game to be played on the weekend of the grand final (16th to the 18th of March), since we presumably won't be in the actual GF.

Given that the Giants are supposed to play a pre-season game in Canberra, my money would be on Giants v Sydney at Manuka for that weekend.
    No way that will happen, we play then the week after in the season opener,. We wont play at all that weekend unless in the GF.

Senior Player
    That's a good point actually, totally forgot about the Round 1 fixture.

Living in 2005
    Is Bruce Percer Resereve at Kellyville in our catchment zone? I would have rather them play in the East or North or even the Central Coast or wherever else we have been allocated for the Academy.

Kellyville??? No, Bruce Purser is in Rouse Hill. Finally, another match there - it's nice being able to go to the footy just ten minutes down the road and not an hour drive!

The Hills has always had a pretty good footy presence, and has lots of Swans fans.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Hmmm.... The Cats and the Saints Rnd 1 at Etihad. Nothing like a couple of easy beats to start the year off.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I doubt they would want a Giants-Swans matchup in the pre-season to take away any glamour from the Round 1 clash. I'm assuming that that is the reason why we weren't bracketed with GWS at Blacktown.

Clarifying the North Melb game, the AFL article said Castle Hill (http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/defa...=Google+Reader) but the draw says Bruce Purser which is in Kellyville (http://www.afl.com.au/nabcup/fixture...7/default.aspx)

Full draw for Swans
    Friday 24th Feb 6.40pm Etihad - Geelong, St Kilda, Sydney Swans (Broadcast on FOX)
    Saturday 3rd Mar 2.40pm Bruce Purser - Sydney Swans v North Melbourne (No broadcast)
    Friday 9th Mar 6.10pm Etihad - Essendon v Sydney Swans (Broadcast on FOX)
    TBC a match on 16 Mar - 18 Mar
    Away in NZ for the rd1 NAB games at Etihad, will have to make the most of the essendon game. Revenge!

Just wild about Harry
    As a Melbourne-based supporter I am hoping that it doesnt decrease the number of home games here, however as I have family in Lonny, then it will be a good excuse for a weekend away. I spent two years in Hobart (2005-6) and during that time was amazed by how many people support the Swans. We had a house overlooking the Channel Hwy in Taroona and in the week leading up to the GF in 05 we had streamers, swans doona covers, swans everything draped around the house and were getting support from LOTS of motorists. Even the Mykonos milk bar in Sandy Bay was all decked out in red and white as they are avid fans as well. To top it off, in Hobart is Cazaley's Gym which was owned (back then) by Roy's grandson and had pictures of the man all over it.
    Good times and a good place to visit.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast