Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre Season - What is the news?

Veterans List

Pre Season - What is the news?

Going by the press we are getting in Melbourne about club preseasons you would be forgiven for thinking we haven't had one.

Last year we had Real Commando talking about the gym work etc. This year it is zilch.

Is Hanna's knee the only injury problem we have?

Can those learned track watchers give us an update.

Are the boys still do gym work with Real Commando?

As it has been peeing down with rain up here day in day out, the resident watchers have chickened out and taken their sodden shoes home, or at least taken pity on said shoes and did not subject them to abuse.

So Giant may have something - he's kind of local - and Matthew, but unfortunately I have zilch at this stage. Not that this is a permanent situation. Not this week (have a few days away, yayayayay) but the following one I shall be making an appearance on the hallowed and soggy turf of Lakeside. I will give you a rundown of my own opinion after that. Bet you can hardly wait.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Dropped in to training this morning,very windy, in fact, blew hard enough that they had to take the Powerade shelter down before it finished on Anzac Parade. Kenny's hair was ruffled!
    The coaches had the boys doing all sorts of different bits n'pieces. Lots of fast ballwork under simulated match conditions, concentrating a LOT on being in the right position in set circumstances, Being in the right place to receive the ball etc.
    TDL and LRT ran fast laps together ,the initials double!
    Hanners was back running..warmed up with short sprints and w
    Jackson Potter back training with the group at last and happy to be there.Jent on to lap work..He looks to be running easily and will not take much to bring him to hand. Looks good.
    Jess, Pikey and a third I cannot remember were given a good 20 minutes of solo marking practise in front of goal.(blame the memory on advancing age and not taking notes).l

Senior Player
    Sorry folks, I actually wrote a much lo nger report but it disappeqared and I don't have the patience to do it all again.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Jackson Potter back training with the group at last and happy to be there.Jent on to lap work..He looks to be running easily and will not take much to bring him to hand. Looks good.
    l
    Did you mean Potter? I would have thought he'd have moved on from the club.

Senior Player
    He is on the 'invited to train' list Liz.
    Swans told me he is training with the team and 'fitting in very well' .

Senior Player
    I cant get back to edit my ealier post #4..It was Hanners who was doing sprints and then onto laps. It was Hanners who looks as if he will come to hand quickly.
    J Potter happy to be back with the group .

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    That 'invited to train' list was published before the draft, and indeed Jackson Potter was on it. But with the draft passed and no way for Potter to get onto our senior or rookie list, it doesn't make sense for him to be training with the Swans. Perhaps you mean Jack Lynch who was upgraded to a rookie list spot from the Academy?

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Dropped in to training this morning,very windy, in fact, blew hard enough that they had to take the Powerade shelter down before it finished on Anzac Parade. Kenny's hair was ruffled!
    The coaches had the boys doing all sorts of different bits n'pieces. Lots of fast ballwork under simulated match conditions, concentrating a LOT on being in the right position in set circumstances, Being in the right place to receive the ball etc.
    TDL and LRT ran fast laps together ,the initials double!
    Hanners was back running..warmed up with short sprints and w
    Jess, Pikey and a third I cannot remember were given a good 20 minutes of solo marking practise in front of goal.(blame the memory on advancing age and not taking notes).l
    It would make sense if the third was Tommy Walsh.

Senior Player
    Whether it makes sense or not he trained with the main group this morning. I watched him and actually had a conversation with him.When Liz was puzzled re his status I called the swans and was told he trained with the main group this morning , that he was in the 'invited to train' group and that he was 'fitting in well'.
    Jack Lynch also trained this morning.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    It would make sense if the third was Tommy Walsh.
    It certainly would but I now think it may have been Seabs. (just to confuse the issue a bit)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast