Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Another thread about the Melbourne media having NFI about Sydney Footy...

Anyone notice that Lewis Johnston is not getting a gig back home either?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

The commentary on the Melb game was pretty bloody good, Huddo isn't all that bad, Johnno and Roos doing the analysis. well called, fell asleep during BT's call of teh big game in Melbourne
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Anyone notice that Lewis Johnston is not getting a gig back home either?
    adelaide are going along pretty well tho, they have some fairly handy forwards.

i noticed another of our wasted first rounders had an excellent game for the dogs last week (out this week with injury). he will be quite something.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    LJ kicked five goals for North Adelaide yesterday but in a Morton-esque situation was not named in the best. Another ex Swan in Currie did though, finishing with 37 hitouts

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    LJ kicked five goals for North Adelaide yesterday but in a Morton-esque situation was not named in the best. Another ex Swan in Currie did though, finishing with 37 hitouts
    Well good for Cuz!! May he prosper!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Correct me if I am wrong but I was just watching a replay of EMT (Eddie McGuire Tonight) on Foxtel and they just showed a highlights reel of the indigenous round featuring the best plays from the indigenous players and guess who featured, Trent Dennis-Lane. TDL's father is Burmese not aboriginal but I guess they just assumed.

Oh thats gold!

Quote Originally Posted by SydAFLFan View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but I was just watching a replay of EMT (Eddie McGuire Tonight) on Foxtel and they just showed a highlights reel of the indigenous round featuring the best plays from the indigenous players and guess who featured, Trent Dennis-Lane. TDL's father is Burmese not aboriginal but I guess they just assumed.
    Ahhhhh, but they never said *where* they were indigenous to, did they? Huh? Huh? What have you got against Burmese people anyway? Huh?

LOL! Crazy thing is he looks no more aboriginal than I do, and if I were any whiter I'd be transparent.

Goes up to 11
    Maybe in a funny/perverse way it shows the strength of aboriginal representation in AFL, where anyone with dark skin is assumed to be aboriginal. Perhaps people still think Chocko Williams (I don't really like the nickname), David Rodan, Harry O'Brien et al are aboriginal too. Diversity is alive and well in the AFL....

If I turned up with a good tan, maybe I could get a gig as a aboriginal old timer. I get pretty dark in the sun
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

This is starting to get ridiculous. On the Herald Sun Footy page you can choose to have a section dedicated to your team by selecting them in the team options. Naturally I have Sydney as my team but the latest story is about Essendon's Leroy Jetta, his fine for diving and the only quote about any Sydney related team is GWS. How hard is it to know that both Essendon and Sydney have a player named Jetta and that Sydney and GWS are two completely different teams?

Haha yeah and heaps of GWS stuff comes up in it too